Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

This year Stephan Yovetic
Last year Sinclair
Next yeat......world cup.

Could also be Mr P, but the others can't be neglected reasons.

Samir Nasri

Still not completely sold on this player. He's reliable enough, and his workrate has improved 10x with Pellegrini's appointment.

I feel as though he isn't productive enough for a player of his ilk.

Passing is generally not incisive, no ingenuity, and too safe.

He was known for his dribbling at Arsenal, now you see it twice a season. Quite frustrating knowing we really could use a player like that, but already have one!

The biggest thing for me is his (generally) lack of game-changing ability. You pay top money for attackers because even on an off day, they can win you the game in one move.

I never get that feeling from Nasri. With Silva, even when he's having the worst game, you know he will give you a few clear chances and at least one of them will be a very good one. Nasri? Not the case.

A good footballer with an eye-pleasing technique, but not good enough to be relied on as the main man to win you trophies. Class but not world class.

Jumanji said:
Still not completely sold on this player. He's reliable enough, and his workrate has improved 10x with Pellegrini's appointment.

He was known for his dribbling at Arsenal, now you see it twice a season. Quite frustrating knowing we really could use a player like that, but already have one!

The biggest thing for me is his (generally) lack of game-changing ability. You pay top money for attackers because even on an off day, they can win you the game in one move.

I never get that feeling from Nasri. With Silva, even when he's having the worst game, you know he will give you a few clear chances and at least one of them will be a very good one. Nasri? Not the case.

A good footballer with an eye-pleasing technique, but not good enough to be relied on as the main man to win you trophies. Class but not world class.
Did you happen to catch the recent derby?

taconinja said:
Jumanji said:

He needs to be producing performances like that more often though. They guy has incredible talent and I think that's why people expect so much from him. I like him as a player a lot but there's more to come from him. Hopefully this is his season.

I am a huge fan of Nasri. I have always been. Even when most couldn't stand his timid perfomances (of which there were a good few), I simply saw the potential. In the worst of games for Nasri, there almost always were 2 or 3 situations where he did something off the ball that would have ended in a glorious chance had the teammate with the ball read it right. But sadly, they often never did. In my mind, I always thought at some point, someone on the team will get it, and Nasri will become special.

Fortunately for him, he has improved his defensive effort, and has become a bit more aggressive (especially on the left) and now seems to be playing beautifully. Yet, teammates are still failing to find him when he moves stealthily off the ball. Granted he is not the dribbler he once was as a youngster. even at Arsenal, he wasn't that great of a dribbler, at least not the phenom he was at Marseille. But I'd take him on my team anyday of the week. And I am glad he is here. Even though I wanted Mata :P

taconinja said:
Jumanji said:

Of course.

I've also watched every other game he's played...

Jumanji said:
taconinja said:
Jumanji said:

Of course.

So you noticed that he's been more than decent this season?

Jumanji said:
taconinja said:
Jumanji said:

Of course.

And ???

Samir Nasri

taconinja said:
Jumanji said:
taconinja said:
Of course.

So you noticed that he's been more than decent this season?
As I said in my earlier post, I've noticed he works much, much harder. I think against United, he covered more ground than any other player at 11+ km.

In an attacking sense, nothing new for me. He had a nice free back heel to Kolarov, and that's the highlight of his season so far. He's done that move plenty of times—this time the whole sequence came off.

Watching Nasri's decision making in and around the box (on the ball), I'm definitely yet to be won over. Off the ball though, he's clever for sure.

I think Nasri has been one of our better players this season. His work rate is much better and he can score goals. I still feel he can offer much more and hopefully he will keep this form up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.