Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

Absolutely worth having in the squad; especially now that he seems to have his head in the right place. I agree with the comment that he still plays it too safe too often but I think Pellegrini will encourage him to be a bit more adventurous.

cleavers said:
I thought he was excellent again yesterday, one of our best players, I like that he's now putting in tackles (better ones than Silva).

I think only Clichy made more tackles yesterday. Nasri has definitely upped his game on that front.

Nasri's biggest "crime" is that he is not as good as Silva.

OB1 said:
cleavers said:
I thought he was excellent again yesterday, one of our best players, I like that he's now putting in tackles (better ones than Silva).

I think only Clichy made more tackles yesterday. Nasri has definitely upped his game on that front.

Samir is a very, very good player. One of the best going around. But Silva is truly a world class player and at a level just above Nasri. In saying that I am a huge fan of the new Nasri. It's just that Merlin is one of the best in the world. City are so lucky to have him in their ranks.

one mistake yesterday was overplaying it rather than booting it clear in our own box.

OB1 said:
cleavers said:

His biggest crime if you want to use that phrase is (was hopefully) his inconsistency, and vanishing completely in some games, especially last season, but this improved version is much improved.

Didn't think he had the best of games yesterday but I'm certainly impressed with his improved commitment.

One of the most encouraging signs, for me, and I singled it out as being an issue last season, is that he has lost some timber and trimmed down. It's certainly giving him a bit of extra zip and he is benefitting.

Rammy Blue said:
Didn't think he had the best of games yesterday but I'm certainly impressed with his improved commitment.

One of the most encouraging signs, for me, and I singled it out as being an issue last season, is that he has lost some timber and trimmed down. It's certainly giving him a bit of extra zip and he is benefitting.
Agreed that it wasn't his best game yesterday, but the commitment was very nice to see. As long as the commitment is there, the results will come.

taconinja said:
Rammy Blue said:

Agreed that it wasn't his best game yesterday, but the commitment was very nice to see. As long as the commitment is there, the results will come.

As a arsenal fan i don,t like nasri but he still a good player. I think he one of those player who needs run of games. He can drop out of a game. You need manager making sure he stays focused. Same happened with arsenal at times. He often drop in and out of games. He needs to be feel loved by a manager. Very much a confidence player.

gooner2 said:
taconinja said:
Rammy Blue said:

As a arsenal fan i don,t like nasri but he still a good player. I think he one of those player who needs run of games. He can drop out of a game. You need manager making sure he stays focused. Same happened with arsenal at times. He often drop in and out of games. He needs to be feel loved by a manager. Very much a confidence player.
Fair analysis. I think Pellegrini is getting the best out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.