Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

Jumanji said:
Still not completely sold on this player. He's reliable enough, and his workrate has improved 10x with Pellegrini's appointment.

I feel as though he isn't productive enough for a player of his ilk.

Passing is generally not incisive, no ingenuity, and too safe.

He was known for his dribbling at Arsenal, now you see it twice a season. Quite frustrating knowing we really could use a player like that, but already have one!

The biggest thing for me is his (generally) lack of game-changing ability. You pay top money for attackers because even on an off day, they can win you the game in one move.

I never get that feeling from Nasri. With Silva, even when he's having the worst game, you know he will give you a few clear chances and at least one of them will be a very good one. Nasri? Not the case.

A good footballer with an eye-pleasing technique, but not good enough to be relied on as the main man to win you trophies. Class but not world class.

If Nasri continues like this it would be madness to lose him. I think what you are looking for is too close to perfection. We will never have a wholesome squad if you aren't pleased with a player of Nasri's quality. In the likes of Garcia, Rodwell, Lescott, even Milner, we have enough players that we might have to replace soon. Nasri is showing his quality and is already settled. There would be at least 5-7 players i'd look to replace before him. If you want to make room for another "game-changer", look no further than Dzeko.

BlueCityfan said:
Jumanji said:
Still not completely sold on this player. He's reliable enough, and his workrate has improved 10x with Pellegrini's appointment.

He was known for his dribbling at Arsenal, now you see it twice a season. Quite frustrating knowing we really could use a player like that, but already have one!

The biggest thing for me is his (generally) lack of game-changing ability. You pay top money for attackers because even on an off day, they can win you the game in one move.

I never get that feeling from Nasri. With Silva, even when he's having the worst game, you know he will give you a few clear chances and at least one of them will be a very good one. Nasri? Not the case.

A good footballer with an eye-pleasing technique, but not good enough to be relied on as the main man to win you trophies. Class but not world class.

If Nasri continues like this it would be madness to lose him. I think what you are looking for is too close to perfection. We will never have a wholesome squad if you aren't pleased with a player of Nasri's quality. In the likes of Garcia, Rodwell, Lescott, even Milner, we have enough players that we might have to replace soon. Nasri is showing his quality and is already settled. There would be at least 5-7 players i'd look to replace before him. If you want to make room for another "game-changer", look no further than Dzeko.
I'm not looking for perfection. I'm looking for more risk, especially in passing. We already know he has it in his repertoire so I don't know if its a mental fear of failure or something.

If I were Pellegrini, I'd put my arm around his shoulder and say, "Just try a few more through passes. Don't worry if they don't come off."

Happened to see him in the France vs Australia game yesterday as some random local channel had the game on. He played the 10 role for France, and was ridiculously good. They won 6-0, and he was in the thick of everything. I'm really hoping he gets put back in the starting lineup right away for us. I really don't know if you could find many players with the all-around talent he has, and he has clearly been rejuvenated.

On a side note, Ribery may very well be the world's best player at the moment. Almost impossible to dethrone Messi, but man that guy is unstoppable.

Never ceases to amaze me how Nasri love and hate goes in a cycle.

he's always been a great player to have, just play him more centrally like myself and many others have said and he will produce the goods. A winger he is not but a playmaker he is.

Hope he re-signs and kicks on from this form and can cement a regular place in the team. It's good to have him, Silva and Jovetic to select from. Depth :)

Wonderful footballer with a much improved run of games under his belt this year. If him and silva can strike a partnership that puts them on any level wavelength then aguero and Negredo are going to be rubbing there hands together, alongside every one of us.

NipHolmes said:
Never ceases to amaze me how Nasri love and hate goes in a cycle.

he's always been a great player to have, just play him more centrally like myself and many others have said and he will produce the goods. A winger he is not but a playmaker he is.

Hope he re-signs and kicks on from this form and can cement a regular place in the team. It's good to have him, Silva and Jovetic to select from. Depth :)
As others have said he had an outstanding game against the Aussies. His ball retention skills are remarkable. They simply couldn't get the ball off him. He also covered an enormous amount of territory, and his link play was superb.

He is a great player on his day. There is no doubt about that. My only query is where he fits into the Silva/Jovetic/Nasri dilemma. We have three great players, although I still believe that Silva is the greatest. I appreciate the point that there are plenty of games, we can rotate etc. My thoughts are to the big games. Do we play Sliva and Nasri, or only one of them?

Jumanji said:

I can understand somebody saying this last season, but this season? Quite possibly our best player so far this season.

I will hold my hands up and say I was one of many people how wanted rid of Samir Nasri ASAP. So far this season he has proved me completely wrong, He is like a new signing for us so far, He's not afraid to take on his man, He's working hard for the team defensively and just looks like a man who is enjoying his football lately, I think he is a frustrating player more than anything else everybody knows what he is capable of and he just doesn't show it often enough, Hopefully he has turned the corner at our club now and keeps up his impressive displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.