Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

That applause when he went off was awesome too. He didn't get the silva treatment beating Norwich, though he deserved it. He got it tonight and you could see he felt it.

After two and a half years, Samir moving into the fourth gear that we all knew he had in him. Also definite signs that Silva is getting back into that sublime form of the first four months of the 2011-12 season. Believe it: if these two start playing at the top of their game, and playing for each other, then there is no-one in the PL, and very few in Europe, who can live with us. That is a sober, blue specs off, honest to god assessment.

He was fantastic last night.

You can see the confidence flowing through him now.

If him, Silva and Aguero keep playing like this we are in for an exciting season.

I was going to put a thread up about this last night but saw this one already existed. Does Samir have a twin brother as the player we are seeing now can't be the same one that we saw for a large chunk of last season. I think he's been outstanding and if anyone deserved a goal in the last 2 games it was him. I thought when Pelligrini came in that the main benefactor would be Dzeko but it looks like its Nasri. Whether its Pelligrini's management style or training methods I don't know but whatever it is its working. He put such a shift in last night and I saw a few times occasions where he'd win the ball or do a nice bit of skill or chase the ball to stop it going out for something as small as an opposition throw in and when it wasnt going his way he looked angry with himself. He seems to have that fire in his belly.

While Aguero looks a cert for player of the season if he continues with his goalscoring, Samir won't be far behind if this continues

Nasri is a class player there is no doubt about it. Allow him to play the way he wants to, with the freedom to roam and he is one of the best players in the Prem. He has confidence in his own ability and it is great to see the fans show him they appreciate his performances.

BlueForever123 said:
I was going to put a thread up about this last night but saw this one already existed. Does Samir have a twin brother as the player we are seeing now can't be the same one that we saw for a large chunk of last season. I think he's been outstanding and if anyone deserved a goal in the last 2 games it was him. I thought when Pelligrini came in that the main benefactor would be Dzeko but it looks like its Nasri. Whether its Pelligrini's management style or training methods I don't know but whatever it is its working. He put such a shift in last night and I saw a few times occasions where he'd win the ball or do a nice bit of skill or chase the ball to stop it going out for something as small as an opposition throw in and when it wasnt going his way he looked angry with himself. He seems to have that fire in his belly.

While Aguero looks a cert for player of the season if he continues with his goalscoring, Samir won't be far behind if this continues
It does help that we are playing attractive attacking football.dont forget we could play this style under Mancini and when we did we were unstoppable but then we would revert back to caution after 3 games.

eversince 76 said:
Nasri's for has indeed transformed into an exciting one.
And another big plus is that the combination of Nasri and Silva seem to work better and better, something Mancini was unable to discover.

Nasri/Silva and Aguero/Negredo ... mouthwatering as it is now. Hope they can keep it up as long as possible.

You can add Fernandinho/Toure to that list and hopefully when he's fit Kompany/Nastasic.

Just got to get Joe's head sorted and that's an amazing spine to the team.

One of the things my lad pointed out to me on Saturday was that in the first half Nasri was on his way over to take a corner near the singing section. The ball was on the byline and instead of bending over to pick it up he did a little flick with his right boot so the ball spun up off his left heel. Little bit of skill for no particular reason.

I noticed something similar last night. In the second half, i think the ball had gone out for a corner in the opposite corner - underneath the big screen at the north end of the ground. The ball came to him to collect for a corner or a throw in and when he flicked it up for himself he did a little round the world with it. Again, a little bit of showboating for no particular reason other than because he can.

It reminded me of nothing more than the kids on the park on Saturday mornings, practising their little flicks and tricks. I took it as a sign of a player who is really really enjoying his football and as a result is full of confidence. He knows one bad performance won't see him dropped. He knows what his role in the team is, and is comfortable with it. He isn't being asked to do something that isn't his game. And in the derby, even without Merlin alongside him, he ripped the rags a new one.

Long may it continue.

Watching the game back there was one moment around the 15th minute where he somehow retained the ball against three of their players and managed to pass the ball to Silva, who in turn squeezed through a couple of their players and had a shot which hit the side netting.

That moment for Samir reminded me of something similar that Merlin did in the 6-1 against the rags. My point being that when Nasri is playing at his peak he is very close to being a world class player. If he continues in this level of form he will be a key player for the rest of the season.

He is definitely a player we need to re-sign asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.