Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephenhakin said:
rapidCT said:
Yaya-Nasri-Silva-Aguero. Amazing attacking skills. Add a world class winger and I wouldn t swap them for anyone in the world.

Add Bony to the top of that and its a frightening attacking line up.
Bony still has to prove himself at City level. Let s hope he will become the player that we all hope. Last night, Aguero was screaming for a partner. One could see the frustration on his face in the first half. They are both young, let s hope they will be a terrific couple for the next 3-4 years.

Re: Nasri return

He was amazing yesterday. I think we missed him a lot when he was injured. I think if we have any 2 of Silva, Toure or Nasri out, it becomes much easier for the opposition to just mark the other one out of the game, but when we have at least 2 of the 3, we tend to look a lot better (and yes, I am aware he played against Hull).

Re: Nasri return

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Played brilliant second half. Have a real soft spot for Nasri, love how passionate he gets. When him and Silva combine like they did tonight it's a joy and what I hoped for when he signed. Has bags of talent, has'nt shown his full potential ever as he has that much but we see glimpses. He could be as good as anyone if just pushed a bit harder.

It's why Mancini was so hard on him, that didn't really work though, down to Sami to maintain the performance.

Nasri - future captain/vice captain material

I slagged this guy off for over 18 months because he simply flattered to deceive and always took the safe option in my opinion. He's proved me badly wrong.

He has been superb for over 12 months, although his technical prowess has never been in question.

For me, he is now showing all the hallmarks of being a proper captain. He is thriving with the responsibility of being one of our main go-to guys in the last year.

He's a winner, he speaks passionately and candidly about the club and the team, he tells it how it is.

It's a decision that would surely never be made, because Komps is the figurehead, but I feel Nasri is more of a natural leader than him because he doesn't try to be someone he isn't, whereas, I feel Komps has become slightly effected and pays lip-service to the role, and it subsequently impacts performance?

Nasri is a bad loser and has the street fighting smarts of the ports of Marseille to back up is talent and mouth.

At very least, would Blues consider him a decent vice-captain, in light of the new contract he signed last year?

Regardless, Nasri deserves huge credit for turning his City career full circle and proving clowns like me wrong.

Re: Nasri - make him our captain

He is a great player and now needs to go on and show it to the world in the Champions league.

I rate the player but Nasri isn't leadership material.

Sorry, have to disagree. Although i think Nasri is a brilliant player, i do not think
he has the traits to be a good captain. He can often sulk and is not the motivational
type. I also think giving him the captaincy would detract from his performances.
Kompany is going through a dodgy period, form wise and trying to concentrate on this
has detracted from his captaincy. I'm sure he will pull through and normal service will
be resumed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.