Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nasri - make him our captain

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I slagged this guy off for over 18 months because he simply flattered to deceive and always took the safe option in my opinion. He's proved me badly wrong.

He has been superb for over 12 months, although his technical prowess has never been in question.

For me, he is now showing all the hallmarks of being a proper captain. He is thriving with the responsibility of being one of our main go-to guys in the last year.

He's a winner, he speaks passionately and candidly about the club and the team, he tells it how it is.

It's a decision that would surely never be made, because Komps is the figurehead, but I feel Nasri is more of a natural leader than him because he doesn't try to be someone he isn't, whereas, I feel Komps has become slightly effected and pays lip-service to the role, and it subsequently impacts performance?

Nasri is a bad loser and has the street fighting smarts of the ports of Marseille to back up is talent and mouth.

At very least, would Blues consider him a decent vice-captain, in light of the new contract he signed last year?

Regardless, Nasri deserves huge credit for turning his City career full circle and proving clowns like me wrong.

Kompany is the only Captain material in our team - I like Samir but don't see him as a future Captain.

Find it strange myself that people question Vinnie as a Captain over recent months just because he has been going through a bad spell. Nobody speaks more highly and committed to City than Kompany at this club for me and would hope he see's his Career out at the club.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I slagged this guy off for over 18 months because he simply flattered to deceive and always took the safe option in my opinion. He's proved me badly wrong.

He has been superb for over 12 months, although his technical prowess has never been in question.

For me, he is now showing all the hallmarks of being a proper captain. He is thriving with the responsibility of being one of our main go-to guys in the last year.

He's a winner, he speaks passionately and candidly about the club and the team, he tells it how it is.

It's a decision that would surely never be made, because Komps is the figurehead, but I feel Nasri is more of a natural leader than him because he doesn't try to be someone he isn't, whereas, I feel Komps has become slightly effected and pays lip-service to the role, and it subsequently impacts performance?

Nasri is a bad loser and has the street fighting smarts of the ports of Marseille to back up is talent and mouth.

At very least, would Blues consider him a decent vice-captain, in light of the new contract he signed last year?

Regardless, Nasri deserves huge credit for turning his City career full circle and proving clowns like me wrong.

It's not as outlandish a thought as people think. For me Toure shouldn't be vice captain. I think anyway there's a chance he'll be gone in the summer at which point I'd make Sami vice captain. The reality is that he's such a confidence player that you'd think giving him that responsibility would help him to flourish.

Also very happy to see you and few others coming round to the idea that the isn't a "french pussy". :)

Yes, in my view, he has the character and qualities to be captain, leaving the likes of Aguero and Silva to do their stuff uninhibited.

As I have often said, he is a talisman for the club and highly regarded by the people that matter.

However, this can only happen when both Yaya and Kompany are gone. Strangely, the latter's time at the club seems to be more limited than I had ever previously imagined. Sadly, the many injuries seem to have affected Vinny in what is the most physical position on the pitch.

I think that if Yaya leaves in the summer then making him VC would be enough but for me there is no way he should be taking Vinnie´s place.

rag_hater said:
I think that if Yaya leaves in the summer then making him VC would be enough but for me there is no way he should be taking Vinnie´s place.

Agreed

There is a lot to like about Nasri and I suspect he would thrive on the responsibility in terms of his own performances. Not convinced he is the type of person who would be able to lead other players though.

Lancet Fluke said:
There is a lot to like about Nasri and I suspect he would thrive on the responsibility in terms of his own performances. Not convinced he is the type of person who would be able to lead other players though.

He was leading them well enough last night.

Love Sami but don't see him as a captain. I always thought he had balls, right from the 2011-12 season on. He didn't always know how to play with Merlin, but he's learnt as he's gone on.
Potential captains in my book: Zab, Hart, even MDM. Vinny is obviously our main man, but I wonder whether it would take the pressure of him in this, a poorish season by his standards, to just be played without having that responsibility. On the other hand, he might react badly.
Funnily enough, I don't really see Yaya as a natural captain, although he does captain his country.

If I'm honest, I don't really consider Kompany a natural captain, crazy as that sounds to most people.

Ticks the pre-conceived boxes - pays lip-service, conducts himself in the perfect manner off the field, a corporate man's dream, gives it the 'big come on guys; in the tunnel, an imposing central defender, etc.

But I am always stunned at his lack of speaking on the pitch when things are not going our way. He tries to put out fires all over the pitch and I do think that has impacted both his fitness and form in the last 18 months.

Now the Vinny of 2012...

I think Nasri is young enough to share the burden as a vice-captain higher up the pitch, where Silva and Aguero are very easy to let their heads drop.

I'd stick to your YouTube vids mate in the transfer forum.

Kompany is an amazing captain.
Has the full respect of the club, the players, the management and the fans.
An injury and loss of form for a few months and your giving us candidates to replace him???

Bizzare topic.

As for Nasri, hes in the Yaya, Aguero and Silva bracket for me. Huge loss when hes out injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.