Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nasri - make him our captain

Not convinced he's the right man to be skipper, but he is the man who needs to take more games by the scruff of the neck and boss the centre of the park. In that way he can lead more by his play than audible encouragement.

Vincent is our leader and should be as long as he's at the club. We've never had a captain like him. Say what you will about form, but everyone who knows anything about football will say he is comfortably the best defender in the league and probably in the world. Nasri is a great player, but he's part of a rotation system in the squad and it would make tactical changes harder for the manager (For example bringing Milner on to see a game out, but can you take your captain off?) You tend to leave your captains on the pitch hence why historically they are usually defenders.

I know what you're getting at Tolm but I can't see it happening

Seems the club have pinned their hopes on Kompany as the figurehead and unless he was to leave any time soon I can't see that changing

“From time to time, I'm a jerk,” Nasri said in an interview with L’Equipe 21.

“Sometimes it is better to buckle but it is something I can't do.

“I managed when I was younger and sometimes I went home with a knot in my stomach. Afterwards, you go off, but not with the right person.

“I’d therefore prefer to say everything I think, even if it means I'm not liked, even if it means I sound arrogant and a little prick. At least the folk I do like don't have to suffer.”
--------------------------------------------------------

I'm warming to him....;-)

chris85mcfc said:

Seems the club have pinned their hopes on Kompany as the figurehead and unless he was to leave any time soon I can't see that changing

No doubt, although the vice-captaincy has to be a consideration if some of our more experienced players leave this summer?

I get the sense with Nasri that he has another couple of levels he can go up if he has the responsibility.

I know he is highly-respected in the dressing room and 'upstairs'.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Whenever I see Pellegrini pulling someone to one side, it is always Nasri he is passing the instructions to.
Probably telling him to stop shitting out of tackles ;-)

I have been a big critic of his. Recently he has played very very well but question why he spent so much time treading water here. Still hasn't repeated his best form for Arsenal in my opinion

tolmie's hairdoo said:
chris85mcfc said:

No doubt, although the vice-captaincy has to be a consideration if some of our more experienced players leave this summer?

I get the sense with Nasri that he has another couple of levels he can go up if he has the responsibility.

I know he is highly-respected in the dressing room and 'upstairs'.

You'll struggle to find a poster on here that thinks higher of Nasri than I do, mate. And I agree with you that he is one of those players that would revel in the responsibility, even if it was as vice-captain.

Like you said, IF Yaya was to leave this summer then we will be looking for one of our more experienced players to take over his role and I certainly wouldn't begrudge Nasri of getting it.

prefer a fist pumping type of captain if i'm honest, i'm not sure nasri fits into that bracket

as good as a player he is

i'm happy enough with vinnie

Blue Til Death said:
Great player but not a single captains cell in his body, daft idea...!

Perhaps, however, i remember him captaining a few of the cup games for Arsenal and he seemed to do well with the added responsibility. Of course, he was still immature then, but there is something there. I think vice-captain would suit him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.