Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latics Fan SJK said:
Mister Appointment said:

If Vinny doesn't play in the Nou Camp i'd personally make MD captain in a heartbeat but sadly I think it'll be Toure. If ever there was an awful captain/vice captain it's him.

Might well be Hart...

yaya for sure as MP's pick but I agree it should be MDM , the reason it won't be is because we have had three captains at least I think this season maybe more and MDM aint been one of them.

Not saying I agree with that rational but that will be the thinking.

If VK doesn't start against Burnley its pretty nailed on YAYA will be captain and for me YAYA does not inspire me enough in that role to think he will get the gig permanently if and I am thinking it will happen that VK won't captain us next season.

Its time for a revamp on the leadership structure on the field for us now.

cleavers said:
better dead than red said:
cleavers said:
Where did you get the direct quotes from ?

Fixed. Thank you.
You should work for the mirror, they'd like that made up effect.

Maybe I should. What kind of wages to they pay?

To be fair, according to the Mirror, " Kompany insisted the Brazilian could not tell him what to do." In any case, for the Captain to react in this manner is poor leadership.

It's embarrassing that City fans are questioning Kompany as our captain. Yes he's going through a bad spell but he's been the best captain we've ever had and the rock that this most successful ever City side has been built on. Time the fans showed a bit of loyalty to Vinnie.

I've been questioning his leadership skills and style for two years.

I don't think he's a very good captain because he lets his emotions get the best of him too often. Demichelis would be a better captain in his position though there aren't many candidates. Lampard if he was playing more.

There's a weakness in the squad there that as soon as things start going wrong, the crowd start getting a bit edgy and we don't have somebody on the pitch who is the cool head to keep the team ticking over. Kompany tries to do too much and you can see on numerous occasions that he starts going a bit headless chicken and shouting/pointing at everybody around him, especially when we're in the late stages and not winning. He thinks he should increase his effort as a show of leading by example - something that isn't always needed.

Had this chat on another occasion but having a Pirlo or a Xavi would really help us along. We have a team that is talented enough to be winning leagues and getting better results than we are doing, but we are mentally fragile as a team. We tend to boom and bust, either spurred on by some huge motivation or burnt out by it which leads to concentration slipping.

Gerrard presented Liverpool with the same problem as Kompany presents us. He thinks a Captain should be the hardest working and shoutiest person on a pitch when things get hard. They hang on their emotions rather than their confidence, and many people do not handle the increased pressure well. We don't help as a fanbase to be honest as we flap enough to start our own wind farm.

It's why Vieira was such an important figure in the dressing room during our FA Cup run and why an outsider like Khaldoon made a huge difference in the title run in in 2012. They had the ability to stay calm and believe in themselves when everybody around them started going to pieces. This isn't a trait that I believe Kompany possesses.

Losing the captaincy to a more controlled individual might be good for him. It's not like we're dropping him, just giving him another role model to look to over the long term. By now after 3/4 title challenges, this should be old hat to Kompany but he doesn't seemed to have gained any calmness to his game since the moment we signed him. That's where United went so right and kept their old boys for so long - when the new guys would get to the business end of the season, the older guys understood that game 30 is as important as game 3, and titles are won by those who keep their calm and keep picking up points. We don't have that and our squad don't seem to be developing it with experience.

Iv'e posted a few times that the defence looks better organised when Demechelis take charge, than when Kompany plays, there's no reason why Vinny couldn't be club captain and have a different captain on the pitch other than his own pride and has been said a lack of alternatives.

Craig said:
It's embarrassing that City fans are questioning Kompany as our captain. Yes he's going through a bad spell but he's been the best captain we've ever had and the rock that this most successful ever City side has been built on. Time the fans showed a bit of loyalty to Vinnie.

Loyalty was giving him a 5 year deal and he has said he wants to play out his career at City.

Been is your key word as captain we need a better one now pure and simple.

Vinny needs to re assess where his career at City is going and the club will show him that support.

Losing the captaincy doesn't mean the end of his time at the club its just part of our development.

If he even thought that way for a second he is not as smart as some of us give him credit for being.

mancity1 said:
Craig said:

Loyalty was giving him a 5 year deal and he has said he wants to play out his career at City.

Vinny needs to re assess where his career at City is going and the club will show him that support.

Losing the captaincy doesn't mean the end of his time at the club its just part of our development.

If he even thought that way for a second he is not as smart as some of us give him credit for being.

Spot on along with the last two posts

mancity1 said:
Craig said:

Losing the captaincy is just part of our developement Vinny. Good luck selling that one to a man who's performed with pride and passion over many years and is now being dumped out of the team and stripped of the captaincy by many on here. If he becomes available for transfer there'd be no shortage of high profile suitors, and this thread smacks of be careful what you wish for as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.