Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noelsnapkin said:
He's not beind slated. Just he is not the player some with the blue blinkers seem to think. He can do no wrong where others make the slightest mistake and get slated week after week. Dont worry schools out now so the Vinnie is God lot will be on.
This all day long

lasereyes said:
robbieh said:
In my opinion Vince has been overrated by many City fans but also by the media.

Let me consider that. Anchor of our defence in 2 title winning seasons. Has one poor game in his first back after an extended injury.

I'd say the problem is the poster, not the player.
But it wasn't just one game though. He might be exaggerating, but Vinny's consistency has dipped for a while now.

Been poor for a while, not just this season (when he isn 't injured). No justification for playing him yesterday. Based on form alone shouldn't be near first team, and his "leadership" hasn't been missed one iota. Untouchable.

Dax777 said:
lasereyes said:
robbieh said:
In my opinion Vince has been overrated by many City fans but also by the media.

Let me consider that. Anchor of our defence in 2 title winning seasons. Has one poor game in his first back after an extended injury.

But it wasn't just one game though. He might be exaggerating, but Vinny's consistency has dipped for a while now.

These guys are not machines. He has not been quite at his peak level, but I recall similar stuff being said last year, and he returned from injury, found his feet and was one of our top 3 or 4 players in the run-in. It is silly to pass judgment in his first game back from injury. By the same score, are we saying Aguero is useless?

His style of defending is risky. But worth noting that he wins the ball on the front so much it springboards a lot of counterattacks for us. The tackle on Monreal was silly though. He had absolutely no need to make it

2bluejacko said:
Noelsnapkin said:
He's not beind slated. Just he is not the player some with the blue blinkers seem to think. He can do no wrong where others make the slightest mistake and get slated week after week. Dont worry schools out now so the Vinnie is God lot will be on.
This all day long
Injuries have impacted his performances over the last 12 months meaning he's hardly ever at full throttle. When he's fit, he's the best in the league and has a strong case for best in the world. I don't have to be a school kid or have blue blinkers to see that, just a small understanding of what a CB's job is. Obviously coming in after a lay off will see errors of judgement and rustiness which looks bad, so if you watch the games without taking any of that into account you can have an argument he's been average.
If he finishes this season without anymore niggles and has a run of games then you will see him back to his best.

lasereyes said:
Dax777 said:
lasereyes said:

These guys are not machines. He has not been quite at his peak level, but I recall similar stuff being said last year, and he returned from injury, found his feet and was one of our top 3 or 4 players in the run-in. It is silly to pass judgment in his first game back from injury. By the same score, are we saying Aguero is useless?
Aguero has 14 goals and at least 12 dominant games this season. Vinny has 2. Dominant games. Fewer than everyone bar Mangala and Fernando. So when folks say he hasn't been as good, and is a bit overrated, they have a legitimate claim.

By the way, he wasn't one of our top 3-4 players in the run in either. Check the player of the month threads from the period. Check the stats, watch the games from the run in. He's had great games, but they've become farther apart and the mistakes and rash decisions have become more common place.
Those are just facts.

Pablo1 said:
2bluejacko said:
Noelsnapkin said:
This all day long
Injuries have impacted his performances over the last 12 months meaning he's hardly ever at full throttle. When he's fit, he's the best in the league and has a strong case for best in the world. I don't have to be a school kid or have blue blinkers to see that, just a small understanding of what a CB's job is. Obviously coming in after a lay off will see errors of judgement and rustiness which looks bad, so if you watch the games without taking any of that into account you can have an argument he's been average.
If he finishes this season without anymore niggles and has a run of games then you will see him back to his best.

Fair point. Don't get me wrong I think he's a very good player, but not the untouchable some think.

Really don't like how heavy legged he looked yesterday like he's lost the spring and speed in his step. He looks like he's carrying extra bulk/weight compared to last season.

This was 16 months ago...

[video]http://youtu.be/7NWcz8dKduQ[/video]

Note how much easier he looks when sprinting for the 4th goal and also in the race with Valencia

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
His style of defending is risky. But worth noting that he wins the ball on the front so much it springboards a lot of counterattacks for us. The tackle on Monreal was silly though. He had absolutely no need to make it

Exactly. It used to be the same with full backs. Some, rightly or wrongly, prefer defenders to be only defenders and only remember the fuck ups. I'm not one of them. Best centre back in Europe for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.