Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jeeni-pair-of-great-tits.jpg

;)

cookster said:
Damocles said:
cookster said:
I noticed you didn't bold this phrase mainly because it's true.

Every second thread I read you're either belittling someone or fishing. Poor behavior for someone with Mod status.

Have you ever considered that I actually have a different opinion from you on a variety of subjects? Opinions that I explain at great length and show the logic for to anybody who asks, and then debate the points back and forward with the people who want to?

Of course not, because would you mean that you might have consider that YOUR opinion isn't actually correct or factual and is instead just an opinion. Far easier to live in confirmation and slag everybody else off as a WUM.

Well done for turning this pretty civil discussion into a personal slanging match by the way. You've really added to the debate here. Next time PM me or keep it to yourself.

It's difficult to take anyone seriously that quotes Kompany's salary at 200k a week.

Irrespective of what he is paid the question is whether VK id the right person to lead us into Europe ( assuming we make it next year ) and domestically into the future.

We all have our opinion on it but we all know the bar is now raised higher for us and does VK have the temperament, the leadership qualities to inspire the side to greater heights to accommodate that requirement of the side.

You might argue that he is the best person in our current squad to take on the mantle despite his terrible form in the past 18 months and his injury record but is he what we need at the helm into the future.

Can we do no better is what is being asked and is VK captain based solely on the premise that we don't have any other natural born leaders in this side and that in part is what is keeping us from being as good as we can be.

I think we can and I believe VK also believes we can and personally I think he wants the club to recruit such a player that will take us to a level that we cannot under what many would regard is a reluctant captain having the role because no one else is either better qualified or wants it more.

cookster said:
It's difficult to take anyone seriously that quotes Kompany's salary at 200k a week.

Kompany signed a new deal in 2012 on £200,000 a week.

As City restructured their contracts to the Barca model, where the basic wage was dropped but the bonus structure was massively increased, Kompany then signed a new deal with City thought to be about £120,000 a week basic but the ability to earn more.

Considering we adopted this model as a FFP loophole and that Barca's total wage bill after bonuses was the highest in the entirety of sport, and various books and quotes have recorded Barca's performance incentives as stupidly obtainable then the idea that Kompany ISN'T earning £200,000 a week is madness. He was already doing it before the new contracts came in, the idea that he'd sign a restructured deal that will garner him less money is ludicrous.

cookster said:

Mmm hmm.

Damocles said:
cookster said:

Kompany signed a new deal in 2012 on £200,000 a week.

As City restructured their contracts to the Barca model, where the basic wage was dropped but the bonus structure was massively increased, Kompany then signed a new deal with City thought to be about £120,000 a week basic but the ability to earn more.

Considering we adopted this model as a FFP loophole and that Barca's total wage bill after bonuses was the highest in the entirety of sport, and various books and quotes have recorded Barca's performance incentives as stupidly obtainable then the idea that Kompany ISN'T earning £200,000 a week is madness. He was already doing it before the new contracts came in, the idea that he'd sign a restructured deal that will garner him less money is ludicrous.

cookster said:

Mmm hmm.

Tribal Football, sporting intelligence and some no marks blog are your sources, seriously? The Guardian have 4 or 5 different articles quoting different numbers as well.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet or forums, I don't.

mancity1 said:
cookster said:
Damocles said:
Have you ever considered that I actually have a different opinion from you on a variety of subjects? Opinions that I explain at great length and show the logic for to anybody who asks, and then debate the points back and forward with the people who want to?

Of course not, because would you mean that you might have consider that YOUR opinion isn't actually correct or factual and is instead just an opinion. Far easier to live in confirmation and slag everybody else off as a WUM.

Well done for turning this pretty civil discussion into a personal slanging match by the way. You've really added to the debate here. Next time PM me or keep it to yourself.

Irrespective of what he is paid the question is whether VK id the right person to lead us into Europe ( assuming we make it next year ) and domestically into the future.

We all have our opinion on it but we all know the bar is now raised higher for us and does VK have the temperament, the leadership qualities to inspire the side to greater heights to accommodate that requirement of the side.

You might argue that he is the best person in our current squad to take on the mantle despite his terrible form in the past 18 months and his injury record but is he what we need at the helm into the future.

Can we do no better is what is being asked and is VK captain based solely on the premise that we don't have any other natural born leaders in this side and that in part is what is keeping us from being as good as we can be.

I think we can and I believe VK also believes we can and personally I think he wants the club to recruit such a player that will take us to a level that we cannot under what many would regard is a reluctant captain having the role because no one else is either better qualified or wants it more.

Reluctant captain? Where the fuck have you grabbed that little nugget from? This man has represented our club with pride, passion and dignity, and has led us through the biggest transistion in the club's history, and you want to take the captaincy off him, and think his reaction would be 'thanks very much'? Deluded.

hgblue said:
mancity1 said:
cookster said:

Reluctant captain? Where the fuck have you grabbed that little nugget from? This man has represented our club with pride, passion and dignity, and has led us through the biggest transistion in the club's history, and you want to take the captaincy off him, and think his reaction would be 'thanks very much'? Deluded.

We need to improve our on field leadership qualities if we are to begin the road of getting some respect in Europe especially and it won't happen under VK's captaincy.

mancity1 said:
hgblue said:
mancity1 said:

We need to improve our on field leadership qualities if we are to begin the road of getting some respect in Europe especially and it won't happen under VK's captaincy.

Tell me, do you consider the last 2 winners of the Champions League, Bayern and Madrid to have Captains with on field leadership qualities? Is so, please provide an insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.