Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mancity1 said:
Sorry to interject but VK is well paid and deserves to be.

When you try to infer you speak for the majority and say you are being trampled on at the same time its usually an admission you are losing the argument.

Try how to influence people and win arguments lesson 101 and you will change your tack next time.

I don't hear many pundits though talking about his leadership of players these days in fact even in his best moments and don't get we wrong there were many and hopefully many more to come ( tonight would be terrific for example ) but I heard and read and saw him go about his about his work for us and Belgium in central defence as a leader of men not that often as it turned out.

Maybe upsetting to many precious people on here but I have never heard him compared to Adams , Keane , PV just to name a few in the premiership leadership wise and to be truthful at his best he is in my opinion as good a player in a side doing the business as they were if not better.

But leadership as opposed to being the leader or captain , call me naive but I have never viewed them as one and the same and last time I took a leadership course neither did the instructor.

Did you mean to quote him or me? Your post seems like you're addressing the poster above me?

The problem with VK is that he has basically being the only defender all year with AN other. Both full backs bomb forward five of the front six bomb on so we are playing at times a 2 - 1 - 7!! Last home I think the furthest player back at one stage was Kolarov and he was about 20 yards inside the Leicester half.

This remains the most embarrassing thread on this forum. This player has embodied everything about the rebuild at City and has been a tremendous servant to our club. At the first sign of trouble, some of our fans become hyper critical, questioning him as a defender and now as a leader.

All I can really say is that I think some of you have an unreal expectation of how much a captain or "leadership" can affect performance. Vinny can't will the team to victory -- the performance by both himself and others will do so.

The aspects of captaincy I'd evaluate on are the fact that the team does actually stay on message between games and for the most part doesn't end up sniping in the press about each other and the manager. His teammates all clearly respect him and he's able to have a word with the ref without getting completely shut out. This is what the captain provides in modern day football, he's the player with the most responsibility in the media and the player who has to ensure the entire room is feeling "heard" and "understood" so that they don't go rogue in the press. City have actually been remarkably good at this.

Yes, he's been at fault for some goals this season and hasn't played his best, but he's still been incredibly unlucky in the frequency of his mistakes leading to goals and I think his performances will even out over time. I literally can't understand how some of you are so quick to dismiss someone who has done so much for us. Even if, in the end, you are right and MCFC are somehow being limited by having VK, I still don't care. He's done far too much for this club for me to do anything but ride out a bad wave and see whether he can re-establish form. He's earned that from me and should have earned that from any blue.

Damocles said:
mancity1 said:
Sorry to interject but VK is well paid and deserves to be.

When you try to infer you speak for the majority and say you are being trampled on at the same time its usually an admission you are losing the argument.

Try how to influence people and win arguments lesson 101 and you will change your tack next time.

I don't hear many pundits though talking about his leadership of players these days in fact even in his best moments and don't get we wrong there were many and hopefully many more to come ( tonight would be terrific for example ) but I heard and read and saw him go about his about his work for us and Belgium in central defence as a leader of men not that often as it turned out.

Maybe upsetting to many precious people on here but I have never heard him compared to Adams , Keane , PV just to name a few in the premiership leadership wise and to be truthful at his best he is in my opinion as good a player in a side doing the business as they were if not better.

But leadership as opposed to being the leader or captain , call me naive but I have never viewed them as one and the same and last time I took a leadership course neither did the instructor.

Did you mean to quote him or me? Your post seems like you're addressing the poster above me?

Correct , but not seems with due respect I was.

For anyone who doubts this mans mentality........
------------------------------------------------------------
In a revealing interview with Spanish newspaper La Vanguardia, the 28-year-old has opened up about an Achilles injury suffered just two months after his move from Anderlecht to Hamburg.

A then-20-year-old Kompany was sidelined for almost an entire season and left unable to make an impact at his new club.

But he says such trying times have made him a better person.

"Suddenly I went from being one of the biggest talents in Europe to being the great failure in Europe," he recalled.

"It had nothing to do with my footballing qualities or games I played, I was just injured a lot.

"In such circumstances it's difficult to say 'Look! I'm good but I'm not playing. Football is a sport that involves rhythm, but you are always going to be judged in the present moment.

"I have worked incredibly hard. The more people that doubted me, the more I wanted to come back. I remember being alone in the gym during Christmas.

"Everyone was on holiday while I pedaled on my training bike with my leg in a special kind of rehabilitation footwear. When I finished I was in so much pain I could have cried but I didn't because I can't do that."

Kompany also spoke openly of a period that saw both his mother and sister diagnosed with cancer.

The defender's mother, Jocelyne, succumbed to the disease but the Blues captain still manages to take the positives from such a trying time.

"I had a lot of difficulties back then. It was a tough situation but I never had the option of saying "Good, I'll stop"," he added.

"In that time, I learnt not to make excuses. Never. Life can be difficult but is important to keep looking for the things you have in life.

"For example, I am happy to have been able to have my mother by my side for 20 years or because my sister recovered from cancer. And I have the good fortunate of being able to get fit again. Twenty years ago my injury would have ended my career.

"All that is part of your life. And it could have been worse. I said to myself 'I have to continue'. You need a goal to reach for.

"In such circumstances, no matter if you have to get through the shrubs, swamps or forests, you can reach the end. But you must keep moving."

teddykgb said:
This remains the most embarrassing thread on this forum. This player has embodied everything about the rebuild at City and has been a tremendous servant to our club. At the first sign of trouble, some of our fans become hyper critical, questioning him as a defender and now as a leader.

All I can really say is that I think some of you have an unreal expectation of how much a captain or "leadership" can affect performance. Vinny can't will the team to victory -- the performance by both himself and others will do so.

The aspects of captaincy I'd evaluate on are the fact that the team does actually stay on message between games and for the most part doesn't end up sniping in the press about each other and the manager. His teammates all clearly respect him and he's able to have a word with the ref without getting completely shut out. This is what the captain provides in modern day football, he's the player with the most responsibility in the media and the player who has to ensure the entire room is feeling "heard" and "understood" so that they don't go rogue in the press. City have actually been remarkably good at this.

Yes, he's been at fault for some goals this season and hasn't played his best, but he's still been incredibly unlucky in the frequency of his mistakes leading to goals and I think his performances will even out over time. I literally can't understand how some of you are so quick to dismiss someone who has done so much for us. Even if, in the end, you are right and MCFC are somehow being limited by having VK, I still don't care. He's done far too much for this club for me to do anything but ride out a bad wave and see whether he can re-establish form. He's earned that from me and should have earned that from any blue.

I don't actually anyone on this thread including me is quick to dismiss him at all and very few have said they want him to go.

I certainly don't want him to go but I think its time we get or at least groom a new captain.

Many people on this thread are equating changing the captaincy with getting rid of Vinny from the club.

No one has a devine right to the captain's armband.

If we could find a better captain , a better leader , a better player with leadership skills wouldn't you want him at our club?

Or are you saying it Vinny we must stay loyal to in this regard no matter what alternative is out there.

You have the right to say the same for every player and every individual in the club and every managerial position and every person employed at City but the facts are changes occur on and off the field every year and someone like me thinks the time is right for a changing of the guard but you wouldn't based on your view of that player and his worth to the side.

Vinny will still be in defence next year if his form warrants it but surely he will want to thrive in an environment where there is stiffer competition for his spot because as many of you say he is City first and player second.

The armband gives him some licence for that spot when fit.

Damocles said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Damocles said:
They were the first results in Google, I can find more backing up any of the above that you want.

And my argument is that here's a bunch of sources stating what I said is true. You don't have an argument, you just have a rejection of an argument.

Here's a replacement for the Tribal Football source, talking about City's incentivised contracts and the way that they have changed. This is so well known even on here that I'm amazed you even need a source for this.

Here's a replacement for the Sporting Intelligence source which for some reason you don't like. It's a link to Barcelona's accounts showing their wage bill

The contract structures used at Barcelona and now City, and the easily achievable bonuses, are laid out in detail in Ferran Soriano's book

I'm sure you'll come up with yet another attempt to bend reality because the idea that you might not know everything in the entire world is somehow too large of a gap for you to bridge, and denial is so much easier.

You can quote all the blogs and fictitious media you need to prove the invalidity of your opinion , i would take the opinions of Carragher , Souness , Hoddle , Neville etc etc who have all clearly stated that VK is a world class defender and leader . You carry on with your deluded ramblings , spend a few more hours on google , it wont matter a jot to the vast majority of blues , infact you are making yourself look not only ingnorant but arrogant , with your dismissal of others peoples opinions and insulting other peoples intelligence. The fact is , you are being trampled all over on this thread , and your getting a bit desperate now , best to leave this , if you cant accept a different opinion , perhaps football forums in the end , are'nt for you..........Have you tried care in the community ? Send a PM if your want to carry on proving how bright you are.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. We're not even talking about that in those posts, genius.

Yet more proof that you're literally arguing with a post without actually reading it.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha, amazing when people show themselves up like that. I love it.

How do you "talk" on a forum , perhaps you mean comment , keep up , genius , mwaaahahahaha

Damocles said:
cookster said:
Damocles said:

Tribal Football, sporting intelligence and some no marks blog are your sources, seriously? The Guardian have 4 or 5 different articles quoting different numbers as well.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet or forums, I don't.

They were the first results in Google, I can find more backing up any of the above that you want.

And my argument is that here's a bunch of sources stating what I said is true. You don't have an argument, you just have a rejection of an argument.

Here's a replacement for the Tribal Football source, talking about City's incentivised contracts and the way that they have changed. This is so well known even on here that I'm amazed you even need a source for this.

Here's a replacement for the Sporting Intelligence source which for some reason you don't like. It's a link to Barcelona's accounts showing their wage bill

The contract structures used at Barcelona and now City, and the easily achievable bonuses, are laid out in detail in Ferran Soriano's book

I'm sure you'll come up with yet another attempt to bend reality because the idea that you might not know everything in the entire world is somehow too large of a gap for you to bridge, and denial is so much easier.

And yet, not one of the 3 links you posted quote Kompany to be on 200k a week. You posted it but can't back it up, it's pure guess work, that's what you call bending reality.

cookster said:
Damocles said:
cookster said:
Tribal Football, sporting intelligence and some no marks blog are your sources, seriously? The Guardian have 4 or 5 different articles quoting different numbers as well.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet or forums, I don't.

And yet, not one of the 3 links you posted quote Kompany to be on 200k a week. You posted it but can't back it up, it's pure guess work, that's what you call bending reality.

I already posted one link that says exactly that. I presumed when you challenged the veracity of the websites, you wanted alternatives to them.

Here's yet another one for you that says Kompany signed in 2012 on £200,000 a week

It's hilarious, absolutely stonewall hilarious, how you STILL can't just admit that you got a simple thing wrong because you spoke with authority on something that you weren't entirely clear on.

It's also hilarious how you completely dismissed the idea of Kompany's wage and I keep providing sources for it, and you have provided absolutely nothing at all to back up your opinion.

The best thing is, I know that you're wrong. You know now after reading those that you're wrong. The unbiased bystander can read the things posted and see that you're wrong. Your reaction?

Totally dismiss the possibility. This is what I mean when I said that it's amazing how it is easier for you to seemingly bend reality than it is to lose a bit of face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.