Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mosssideblue said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
mosssideblue said:
Really?

Always makes me laugh when people throw out this cliche to protect one of their favourites. How long does a player have to keep demonstrating the opposite before it is realised the phrase is nonsense.

Let's hope Vinny does regain his form, but many revered sportsmen have slipped from form and never recovered.

Concerns me what some of our supporters find amusing , the fact the majority of our support realise vinny is going through a tough time and are backing him to the hilt , because he has given 5 or 6 years sterling service to our football club . Surprised how many of our supporters heads are turned by the media , if you look at vinny's last few games in a blue shirt he has done very little wrong , but no doubt the likes of ratboy,carragher,scholes will have an influence on some of our fans , i prefer to give vinny at least another season , if it doesnt work out , we can have him hung drawn and quartered , and sky sports can have the front row seats.

If its aimed at me Jimmy, your barking up the wrong tree. I find the Cliche amusing as its meaningless. I am aware of what Vinnie has done for us in the past, and I am also very aware of the form he is exhibiting now.

The cliche isnt meaningless , it states that he is a class player who is having a poor run of form , which is true , Joe Hart is a prime example of this ,if there is amusement in that cliche , then its lost on me.
The crux of my post is not aimed at any individual , its aimed at supporters in general , who believe the media , instead of assessing vinny's performances on the pitch , ive been to the last 4 games , and he has played OK , but not back to his best yet , He did set a standard of being considered the best centre back in europe a couple of seasons ago , so he has big shoes to fill . Other posters have different opinions , but i cannot get my head round some city supporters , and the voracity of their criticism of players who no doubt give 100%, , but are just not playing well ,some people just cannot stop kicking a player when he is down (Richard Edghill , Derek Jeffries ,Tony Towers , Ian Bowyer spring to mind) Maybe i am old school but i was always encouraged by my dad and grandad to support our players and club through thin and thin.(luckily my grandson has not seen much of the THIN yet) Lets hope we do get the real vinny back , and he is lifting trophies above his baldy head next season.

We should be commending Vinny for not exploding when a man cowardly squeezed his cock in the match . He will be crucial in the end of the season run and he always has a blinder vs the rags so keep the faith in Vincent .

jimmygrimblesboots said:
mosssideblue said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Concerns me what some of our supporters find amusing , the fact the majority of our support realise vinny is going through a tough time and are backing him to the hilt , because he has given 5 or 6 years sterling service to our football club . Surprised how many of our supporters heads are turned by the media , if you look at vinny's last few games in a blue shirt he has done very little wrong , but no doubt the likes of ratboy,carragher,scholes will have an influence on some of our fans , i prefer to give vinny at least another season , if it doesnt work out , we can have him hung drawn and quartered , and sky sports can have the front row seats.

If its aimed at me Jimmy, your barking up the wrong tree. I find the Cliche amusing as its meaningless. I am aware of what Vinnie has done for us in the past, and I am also very aware of the form he is exhibiting now.

The cliche isnt meaningless , it states that he is a class player who is having a poor run of form , which is true , Joe Hart is a prime example of this ,if there is amusement in that cliche , then its lost on me.
The crux of my post is not aimed at any individual , its aimed at supporters in general , who believe the media , instead of assessing vinny's performances on the pitch , ive been to the last 4 games , and he has played OK , but not back to his best yet , He did set a standard of being considered the best centre back in europe a couple of seasons ago , so he has big shoes to fill . Other posters have different opinions , but i cannot get my head round some city supporters , and the voracity of their criticism of players who no doubt give 100%, , but are just not playing well ,some people just cannot stop kicking a player when he is down (Richard Edghill , Derek Jeffries ,Tony Towers , Ian Bowyer spring to mind) Maybe i am old school but i was always encouraged by my dad and grandad to support our players and club through thin and thin.(luckily my grandson has not seen much of the THIN yet) Lets hope we do get the real vinny back , and he is lifting trophies above his baldy head next season.

Agreed

Some of the shit posted on here towards VK, a club legend and one of the most central cornerstones of our recent success, has been fucking embarrassing.

From a Welsh perspective im glad hes missing our game at Cardiff in june. :-)

but as a City fan i wont have a bad word said against him.
Every player has a dip in form and for me, it looks like hes trying a bit "too hard" to get back into form. but hes been our rock for many years and as a captain he has lifted two more premier League trophies than that other club captain legend stevie Gee. :-)

jimmygrimblesboots said:
mosssideblue said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:

Spot on, couldn't be arsed explaining it, but this is what I was going to say.

bluechampion7891 said:
eversince 76 said:
I will always defend Komps. But tonight he really let his team down. Silly defending for his 1st yellow with no danger at all and already leading 1-0. Than keeping ball in the air to show his arrogance. 2nd yellow for trying to be tricky, hopelessly losing it, grabbing the player who nicked it I opponents half leaving Clattenburg no choice. Denayer came on straight away and did what was needed. Well done. Komps need his head sorted. NOW!!

how was Denayer?

Denayer did everything right and kept it simple under nervy circumstances. For such a young lad a mature performance even if it was for a mere 25min and Belgium with back to the wall.

As for my comments on Komps. l just hope he'll be back to his best asap. One of world's top defenders going through a bad spell. Our leader but making I hard for himself.

eversince 76 said:
bluechampion7891 said:
eversince 76 said:
I will always defend Komps. But tonight he really let his team down. Silly defending for his 1st yellow with no danger at all and already leading 1-0. Than keeping ball in the air to show his arrogance. 2nd yellow for trying to be tricky, hopelessly losing it, grabbing the player who nicked it I opponents half leaving Clattenburg no choice. Denayer came on straight away and did what was needed. Well done. Komps need his head sorted. NOW!!

how was Denayer?

Denayer did everything right and kept it simple under nervy circumstances. For such a young lad a mature performance even if it was for a mere 25min and Belgium with back to the wall.

As for my comments on Komps. l just hope he'll be back to his best asap. One of world's top defenders going through a bad spell. Our leader but making I hard for himself.

that is good to hear. He could save us a fortune in the coming seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.