Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZZmaestro said:
buckshot said:
Something is definitely wrong right now, you can't play him against Chelsea.

I tell you what, i think that his injury record is taking its tole on his body now.
He has never been the same dominant self since his first hamstring injury on December 2012.
Now, he already has been out four times ( sic !!!! ) for the very same torn hamstring since that day.

I have been into body building and weight-lifting myself since my early twenties, and i can tell you that a torn muscle never recovers 99%.
You can't hide what's clearly there for all to see, he just won't reach the same level of fitness and speed.
And we shouldn't have rushed him so early into the competition.

I watched Hamburg 5 times in 2007 and Kompany didn't play once. He's always been injury prone and that's why we got him cheap in the first place.

However something has definitely changed this season. It might be the oppositions more dynamic approach, or the lack of a De Jong/Garcia figure leaving him more exposed. It might even be that he doesn't quite feel right and it's affected his concentration.

Piss poor today and previous game. In addition not vocal enough as Captain, frustrated at his own form and playing within himself.

Whatever the issue, MP needs to put his best team out and that at the moment is Demi and Mangala at the back. Take a leaf out of Chelsea's book and play your best team every time and to hell with the rest.

He can play in the not so important games, although not many of those left and find his feet. Once he shows he is back on top form he can claim his place.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Mancini really made us the best defense in the league. They've forgotten how to do the basic stuff

There's not a shred of organisation in the defence, some of the goals we've conceded this season would shame a schools XI. Both Kompany and Zaba were poor today and neither have had a great season overall. This overall defensive problem has to be the fault of the manager and coaching staff.

He seems to have changed his way of defending, he is always trying to pinch the ball off the forward by coming in from the side, getting turned and then having to foul. He really needs to get back to what he was under Mancini.

B\connellblue said:
Vinny needs to concentrate on being a footballer and captain of Manchester City first and foremost and forget about trying to right all the wrongs in the world. Plenty of time to become an ambassador when he retires.

Prophetic words, my friend. Sadly, he starting to look like a better ambassador than he is a footballer. I hope that he proves me wrong.

J_Bow said:
He's been playing inconsistent and making some rash decisions for a while now. I appreciate he likes to bring the ball out and play from the back but it isn't needed most of the time. He needs to stop playing on the front foot so much also.

I'm not sure the World has a centre back really worthy of being the best right now.

Disagree completely. For me Godin is by far the best with Boateng and Ramos just behind

colombia-mcfc said:
J_Bow said:
He's been playing inconsistent and making some rash decisions for a while now. I appreciate he likes to bring the ball out and play from the back but it isn't needed most of the time. He needs to stop playing on the front foot so much also.

I'm not sure the World has a centre back really worthy of being the best right now.

Disagree completely. For me Godin is by far the best with Boateng and Ramos just behind

I'll give you Godin and Boateng but Ramos for me isn't a world class defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.