Player Topic: Aleks Kolarov 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
In general, I thought he did ok(-ish). Still ropey defensively, though, and his decision-making on the goal was awful .

The thing is I don't give a fuck what he does going forward. We have enough quality up there to not have to rely on him for that. It's defending that is his job and he just isn't very good at it. We could easily have conceded 4 goals tonight if it wasn't for Hart and that says the defence were not good.

The thing is I don't give a fuck what he does going forward. We have enough quality up there to not have to rely on him for that. It's defending that is his job and he just isn't very good at it. We could easily have conceded 4 goals tonight if it wasn't for Hart and that says the defence were not good.
Couldn't agree more about the defence. And I'd go with Clichy over Kolarov anyday, precisely for the reason you state (i.e. he's a far better defender). But inasmuch as I think Kolarov was largely culpable for the goal, I don't think his defending was too awful tonight - both Demichelis and, especially, Otamedi were much worse for the first 60 mins or so.

Lay off him..midfield left him exposed all night..great left back.
True, but he should be experienced enough to know not to get sucked in to the hole in front of him. He did this numerous times and left his side wide open. He was very poor at the defensive aspect of his game tonight.

His job is to bomb down the left, overlap sterling, and create space/options. People calling him out for not being a team player should be ashamed. Guy has worn the armband on numerous occasions for a reason.

I kike what he offers going forward but one thing I think he really needs to cut out of his game is that drag back thing he does. He seems to do it at every opportunity even when there is a forward pass on to Sterling.

Cannot defend, never could. Sagna had no more cover in front of him yet still hasn't been a walking disaster, but apparently it's a good excuse for why Kolarov just doesn't behave like a competent defender.

Never, ever stops his man from whipping in a cross. Never. Just stands off them and let's them whip it in every time.

It's led to countless opportunities down that flank this season, we've just been lucky in that it's rarely led to a goal.

The absolute basics of defending as a fullback, he just doesn't have them.

Left back should've been a priority for me this summer, Kolarov's contributions going forward will never gloss over his defensive flaws, and they're absolutely glaring.

Spot on. It is no coincidence that every single team we play attacks our left. For an experienced international he is terrible. I can't make up my mind if it is just attitude or actual ability. For the last four games of last season and the first four of this he was excellent, and it made the team look solid. Unfortunately he has returned to the other side of his game where he really is very poor and our weakest link. His positional sense exposes the whole left hand defence and now his poor judgement going forward has really had a bad effect on Sterling who looks lost with the ball at his feet. I would wager that once Clichy returns we will see much more from Raheem. Kolarov is a bit like Terry Phelan without the pace and the sooner we get him out of the team the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.