Player Topic: Bacary Sagna (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about playing 3 CBs? Or is that took risky changing to a formation that they may not have trained for.

Otamendi - Kompany - Mangala
Navas Delph Sterling
Yaya Silva

KDB Nasri
Bony

Way too risky unless we've been working on it A LOT in training, we'd be giving everyone bar Kun and Silva different jobs than usual tactically and in any case, you've got 11 outfield players in that line up.

I think there's no chance that we'll change formation if (and it's still not confirmed) Sagna is out.

It'll be a straight swap at right back, either Otamendi or Maffeo. It will almost certainly be Otamendi.

The indespensible Bacary ! Regular football helps excellent player miraculously recover form, hallelujah he's not 'gash' after all.

Maffeo all day for me if he doesn't make it, he'll do fine with Jesus ahem, watching over him. Pelle probably plays it 'safe' with Otamendi though ?

What a pity we got rid of Denayer. He could do that job in his sleep & would probably have stayed in the team.

To be fair, I don't think we could have foreseen a situation where all three right-back options were out injured at the same time. Wouldn't have been very fair to Denayer's development to keep him just in case it happened.

To be fair, I don't think we could have foreseen a situation where all three right-back options were out injured at the same time. Wouldn't have been very fair to Denayer's development to keep him just in case it happened.

Well tbf I've already said I would have kept him & played him there anyhow first opportunity, as I think he's a better player than Zaba or Sagna, & could probably cover def mid too, so imo they have dropped an enormous bollock.

Maffeo is surely the next cab off the rank, given that he's our only other RB and has been on the bench in the last game? Other options would be Fernandinho or Fernando there, or at a real stretch Navas or one of the CB's? Maffeo should surely get the nod though. How long is Clichy out for?

If it's a knock, there's probably fuck all wrong with him anyway. But this highlights imo another reason why we need to get these kids involved. If we find ourselves 3 up v Palace, Maffeo should come on, & get a taste of the Premier League, in case we suddenly need a right back next week etc.

Yeh it's about time we showed some faith in one of our youngsters. I mean if our two RB's are out injured and he still doesn't get a chance what message does that send out. Liverpool placed faith in Flannagan and this season Gomez at fullback and they did just fine. No reason why Maffeo can't especially if Navas is protecting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.