Player Topic: Bacary Sagna (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh it's about time we showed some faith in one of our youngsters. I mean if our two RB's are out injured and he still doesn't get a chance what message does that send out. Liverpool placed faith in Flannagan and this season Gomez at fullback and they did just fine. No reason why Maffeo can't especially if Navas is protecting him.

Well for all we know, his arse might go, or he might be fantastic, but if we do get an opportunity to give him some game time in a relatively safe situation, it would be a seriously worthwhile exercise imo, in case we suddenly find we need him.

Yeh it's about time we showed some faith in one of our youngsters. I mean if our two RB's are out injured and he still doesn't get a chance what message does that send out. Liverpool placed faith in Flannagan and this season Gomez at fullback and they did just fine. No reason why Maffeo can't especially if Navas is protecting him.
I agree with this, give him a chance to show how good he is.

It will be tough for whoever comes in against Palace with them likely up against Bolasie whose so unpredictable, but if they come out of it well it would be a big boost for them.

Saying that I wouldn't be surprised if Sagna isn't badly injured and plays.

No kids for me. Otamendi plays there if Sagna is injured. He's a full international and we shouldn't be using the youngsters at the expense of the first team in such an important game.

Some people have an unhealthy obsession with starting the EDS lads. It just doesn't work like that.

I agree with this, give him a chance to show how good he is.

It will be tough for whoever comes in against Palace with them likely up against Bolasie whose so unpredictable, but if they come out of it well it would be a big boost for them.

Saying that I wouldn't be surprised if Sagna isn't badly injured and plays.

If it's true it's just a knock, he'll play.

No kids for me. Otamendi plays there if Sagna is injured. He's a full international and we shouldn't be using the youngsters at the expense of the first team in such an important game.

Some people have an unhealthy obsession with starting the EDS lads. It just doesn't work like that.

It's not about that. Otamendi is a fucking terrible fullback. Absolute utter dogshit. The choice would be, an untried kid who is a brilliant fullback, or an untried senior player who is a fucking nightmare.

Either is a gamble.

Hopefully Sagna is fit, as Palace are just about the last team in the premier league you'd want to have an untried or makeshift RB against. Maffeo is the obvious choice, but I think he'd really struggle to deal with the physicality of Bolasie or Sakho, as would most of the other options.

Is that you, Manuel?

Ha no it's not.

But I'm glad it is Manuel in charge of this because certain people on here would be throwing in EDS players left, right and centre.

At no point should any of the kids be put in front of a 24 man first team squad unless they are absolutely ready.

Maffeo, clearly isn't. Hasn't got near the first team and there will be good reason for this.

I've said a million times that the CFA will produce 2/3 players every 6-10 years and if it does then that is a success to me. We are playing at the very highest level, to get into this team you have to be more than good enough.

Ha no it's not.

But I'm glad it is Manuel in charge of this because certain people on here would be throwing in EDS players left, right and centre.

At no point should any of the kids be put in front of a 24 man first team squad unless they are absolutely ready.

Maffeo, clearly isn't. Hasn't got near the first team and there will be good reason for this.

I've said a million times that the CFA will produce 2/3 players every 6-10 years and if it does then that is a success to me. We are playing at the very highest level, to get into this team you have to be more than good enough.

I could fire that back at you & say you would pick, Gerry Taggart at right back over Maffeo, purely because he's older. See how it works ?

I don't think there is one single person on here, who would be into the idea of 'throwing kids in, left right & centre' & none have advocated it. The reason Maffeo hasn't 'got near' the first team, is because he is a kid, who wasn't ready for the first team. May still not be.

It's possible Maffeo is a better right back, now, than Otamendi & would be the best choice. Neither have ever kicked a ball in the Premier League. Either, is a huge gamble.

Ideally, I don't want to see either of them starting against Palace.

Ha no it's not.

Couldnt agree more.

My own view is that we are playing at an elite level. It’s going to be very rare anyone breaks through.
People need to realise this.
We are not a mid table Premier League side who can afford to give chances to average kids just to please people. Our academy generates cash. Lopes, Rekik, Pozo, Trippier add ons generated about £15m this summer. That’s good going! It does a job.
If we get lucky and a superstar comes through then happy days but I’m bored of people every summer saying give such and such a chance this season. Lopes had so many fan boys but he was just a good player. He wasn’t and won’t be the next Silva or whoever. If we have someone that will break through you will be able to tell as they will be head and shoulders above everyone else in the EDS every single game. Not a man of the match every now and then and a few good reviews. That isn’t good enough. They have to be amazing. I can’t think of any kid example over the last 10 years of a kid who was born in Manchester who went on to break in to any top team anyway? Not just our academy. Many players from other clubs may have played a few premier league games but doesn’t make them top of the tree standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.