Player Topic: Bacary Sagna (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha no it's not.

But I'm glad it is Manuel in charge of this because certain people on here would be throwing in EDS players left, right and centre.

At no point should any of the kids be put in front of a 24 man first team squad unless they are absolutely ready.

Maffeo, clearly isn't. Hasn't got near the first team and there will be good reason for this.

I've said a million times that the CFA will produce 2/3 players every 6-10 years and if it does then that is a success to me. We are playing at the very highest level, to get into this team you have to be more than good enough.

He's not got near the first team because we have Zabaleta and Sagna and he's an 18 year old lad. You will never know their ready until you actually try them. 'Also 2/3 players every 6-10 years' you're speaking like your opinions are facts. They way we're going our youngsters will be lucky to get 2 or 3 games in 6-10 years!

Couldnt agree more.

My own view is that we are playing at an elite level. It’s going to be very rare anyone breaks through.
People need to realise this.
We are not a mid table Premier League side who can afford to give chances to average kids just to please people. Our academy generates cash. Lopes, Rekik, Pozo, Trippier add ons generated about £15m this summer. That’s good going! It does a job.
If we get lucky and a superstar comes through then happy days but I’m bored of people every summer saying give such and such a chance this season. Lopes had so many fan boys but he was just a good player. He wasn’t and won’t be the next Silva or whoever. If we have someone that will break through you will be able to tell as they will be head and shoulders above everyone else in the EDS every single game. Not a man of the match every now and then and a few good reviews. That isn’t good enough. They have to be amazing. I can’t think of any kid example over the last 10 years of a kid who was born in Manchester who went on to break in to any top team anyway? Not just our academy. Many players from other clubs may have played a few premier league games but doesn’t make them top of the tree standard.

Well this is derailling onto a subject discussed over various threads, but if you think that Clichy, Sagna, Kolarov, Navas, Fernando, Rodwell, Sinclair..I could go on, have been 'amazing' in their City careers, then you have an argument.

If you don't, then the kids don't have to be 'amazing' either. Just good enough to do the job when needed. That is the point so many of you are missing, regularly. Not all of City's title winning players have been 'fantastic' players. It is a squad game, & it's unfair to demand higher standards from the kids than the signings.

Well this is derailling onto a subject discussed over various threads, but if you think that Clichy, Sagna, Kolarov, Navas, Fernando, Rodwell, Sinclair..I could go on, have been 'amazing' in their City careers, then you have an argument.

If you don't, then the kids don't have to be 'amazing' either. Just good enough to do the job when needed. That is the point so many of you are missing, regularly. Not all of City's title winning players have been 'fantastic' players. It is a squad game, & it's unfair to demand higher standards from the kids than the signings.

Exactly, Wes Brown, John Oshea, Darren Gibson, Rafael all played a role in United winning premier league titles (all average players). If you've got a system and they know their role. They don't need to be world class. Navas is a prime example of that

Otamendi has to play if Sagna is out. Naivety of people throwing an untried EDS player in against some of the quickest and most physical wingers in the league would be a disaster.

As may picking a bloke with no pace who is a shite fullback & has no experience of ever playing in the Premier League.

Neither is a good choice & either could be a disaster. In fact both could manage to be a disaster in the same game if one starts & is replaced by the other.

He's not got near the first team because we have Zabaleta and Sagna and he's an 18 year old lad. You will never know their ready until you actually try them. 'Also 2/3 players every 6-10 years' you're speaking like your opinions are facts. They way we're going our youngsters will be lucky to get 2 or 3 games in 6-10 years!

I'm not sure how you've arrived at the conclusion that my opinion sounds like a fact.

Your clearly an advocate, like others, for the kids being tried. It's a fairly simple logic, though, to claim that we will never know if we don't try them. It's not that black and white and this is where the counter argument comes in.

The club will know when a player is ready to try, and I think the point at which it becomes viable to throw them in is much, much further along in these players development than some people think.

Some people will look at Denayer, for example, and say yep he's ready. Clearly the club thought otherwise? No?

Well yes, because the mans on loan, isn't he?

Like I said, and it's an opinion, not a fact, I think we are looking at 2-3 players every 6 or so years. That is an average of 1 every 2 years give or take, which I think is a fabulous achievement. Those who don't make it will have been given the platform to go on and be a professional footballer elsewhere.

I'll never ever agree with the theory that an untried 18 year old should even be considered ahead of a fully established international footballer. I'll say that again, even considered.

Otamendi starts in that role every single time ahead of Maffeo, it's not even a gamble.

It's a no brainer.

Otamendi has to play if Sagna is out. Naivety of people throwing an untried EDS player in against some of the quickest and most physical wingers in the league would be a disaster.
Any reason why you have such confidence in Otamendi at RB? I honestly don't think he's played their more than a handful of times in his entire career and never particularly well. To be honest, the only time I can actually recall him playing RB was in the WC under the inept Maradonna. If I recall, he was terrible and both he and Maradonna were slaughtered because he was complete inept at RB after they were completely humiliated by Germany?

I'll never ever agree with the theory that an untried 18 year old should even be considered ahead of a fully established international footballer. I'll say that again, even considered.

Otamendi starts in that role every single time ahead of Maffeo, it's not even a gamble.

It's a no brainer.
I imagine most of your opinions are. You don't seem to be realising that Maffeo is a RB and Otamendi isn't. By your bizarre logic, Bony should start ahed of Maffeo at RB, because he's a senior international. The real arguament should be, who is the better RB, Otamendi or Maffeo. That is a very debateable question, which you don't seem to realise.

I'm not sure how you've arrived at the conclusion that my opinion sounds like a fact.

Your clearly an advocate, like others, for the kids being tried. It's a fairly simple logic, though, to claim that we will never know if we don't try them. It's not that black and white and this is where the counter argument comes in.

The club will know when a player is ready to try, and I think the point at which it becomes viable to throw them in is much, much further along in these players development than some people think.

Some people will look at Denayer, for example, and say yep he's ready. Clearly the club thought otherwise? No?

Well yes, because the mans on loan, isn't he?

Like I said, and it's an opinion, not a fact, I think we are looking at 2-3 players every 6 or so years. That is an average of 1 every 2 years give or take, which I think is a fabulous achievement. Those who don't make it will have been given the platform to go on and be a professional footballer elsewhere.

It's a no brainer.

Re Denayer. The club thought he was ready but Mangala didn't want to go out on loan, so no, you are wrong. And by your argument, no players would ever come through at any top club, as they are all replacing established internationals almost every time they do. Which means in the many 1000s by now.

It would not be possible ever otherwise for a player to come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.