Player Topic: Bacary Sagna (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You make valid points but I think you are also missing others point. You state "should" in your statement which indicates you are assuming, whereas others have seen him play that position and he was dreadful. Not every defender can play every defensive position, just like not every midfielder can play anywhere in midfield or in every teams tactical responsibility model. I have seen very little of Otamendi at RB and have seen a fair bit of Pablo with the EDS, my opinion from what I have seen leaves me 50/50 its not quite as cut and dried as you make out IMO

Your right about me assuming. That's because there is very little in the way of performance from either for me to judge. Apart from a few games some years ago, Otamendi hasn't played RB.

The young lad hasn't played at all outside of the EDS. Hes only 18 so that is to be expected.

I don't see an issue in assuming and/or using Otamendis experience in the game as an argument, when neither have ever really played at the level we are as a RB you can't really use ability as the fundamental point to the debate. Nobody really know much about their respective abilities as RBs.

If Manuel has to make that decision between Maffeo and Otamendi he will be using his experience to make a judgment and will also, essentially, be assuming the outcome.

FFS missed that Argentina are playing Mexico tomorrow what a crock of shit.

I doubt Aguero will start then, I hate this international football!
I really hope Aguero doesn't play!

Acknowledged by who though? He's barely played there at all since being destroyed by ze germans 5 years ago when he was 21.

No one can have an informed opinion because there's no information to base it on.

Well there is, there's the opportunity to look at his games at RB and see whether he's played well in the majority. There's also the opportunity to have a look and see whether he's often regarded as a capable RB and who by. I'm quite certain such comments weren't made on the basis of that Germany match.

That has become my informed opinion. Whether it's right or wrong is another matter :-)

Both argies and brazil play in the early hours of the 2moro morning uk time
Why do these fuckers have to play at such bad times? It is just friendlies dammit, but they are placed almost at the maximum inconvenient times for the clubs who would like the players back for the weekend. Grrr.

Your right about me assuming. That's because there is very little in the way of performance from either for me to judge. Apart from a few games some years ago, Otamendi hasn't played RB.

The young lad hasn't played at all outside of the EDS. Hes only 18 so that is to be expected.

I don't see an issue in assuming and/or using Otamendis experience in the game as an argument, when neither have ever really played at the level we are as a RB you can't really use ability as the fundamental point to the debate. Nobody really know much about their respective abilities as RBs.

If Manuel has to make that decision between Maffeo and Otamendi he will be using his experience to make a judgment and will also, essentially, be assuming the outcome.

For me, the argument of saying Otamendi would be shit at RB equally applies to Maffeo being as shit.

What Otamendi does bring is experience and he is very much streetwise. As Proy says, it's a no contest.

Probably all academic for Sat as Sagna will probably be fit to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.