Player Topic: Bacary Sagna (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could fire that back at you & say you would pick, Gerry Taggart at right back over Maffeo, purely because he's older. See how it works ?

I don't think there is one single person on here, who would be into the idea of 'throwing kids in, left right & centre' & none have advocated it. The reason Maffeo hasn't 'got near' the first team, is because he is a kid, who wasn't ready for the first team. May still not be.

It's possible Maffeo is a better right back, now, than Otamendi & would be the best choice. Neither have ever kicked a ball in the Premier League. Either, is a huge gamble.

Ideally, I don't want to see either of them starting against Palace.

He was on the last two tours but got injured so that stopped him getting more game-time. He has been in and amongst the squad for long enough for Pelegrinni to know if he is ready or not. I trust his opinion on this one but a debut against Bolasie wouldn't be the best scenario for which ever option we choose, but needs must!!

There is probably less than 1% chance of us playing a youth player for his debut away from home when there is a centre back who could be played there, let alone one who we just splashed £32m on.

If we don't dare to bring on a youth player for more than 5 minutes when 2-0 up at home Maffeo will almost undoubtedly not play away from home, even if he was the most highly rated prospect at the club.

Pretty much so

There is probably less than 1% chance of us playing a youth player for his debut away from home when there is a centre back who could be played there, let alone one who we just splashed £32m on.

If we don't dare to bring on a youth player for more than 5 minutes when 2-0 up at home Maffeo will almost undoubtedly not play away from home, even if he was the most highly rated prospect at the club.
Well Pozo started away to Leicester, despite not being even close to th top prospect at the club, when there were plenty of expensive midfielders who could have played up front instead. As it happens, it didn't work and we ended up replacing him with Milner and going on a terrific run, but the fact is that in an injury crisis Pellegrini did turn to young players before out of position players, so I wouldn't be so quick to rule it out.

I doubt we really want to throw our new £30m defender in at the wrong position either tbh, it's hardly a good way of getting used to the league. A good start can make all the difference in adapting to a new club, I doubt we are too keen to throw him under the bus by putting him in a position he is pretty terrible in against one of the wingers most likely to make you look like a hapless dick. If Bolasie tore him apart (as he probably would) then he'd get the full Mangala-Hull treatment.

I'd probably rather have any of our other CB's playing RB than Otamendi, it's the last thing he needs.

I don't get where the idea that Otamendi is a shite RB has come from. Is this conclusion based on one crap performance against Germany five years ago? FFS, most of the Argentinian defence were poor in that game (including Demi). The Germans took the piss out of most countries defenders during that tournament.

Despite his poor performance in that match, it seems to be acknowledged by past coaches that Otamendi is a very capable RB, whether we agree or not. Yep, it's not his favourite position, but let's not presume we know for sure that a player is shite based on 'that' performance. Huge mistake to do that. At least if you're gonna do that, make sure you watch the games where he played RB and no goals were conceded as well.

I don't get where the idea that Otamendi is a shite RB has come from. Is this conclusion based on one crap performance against Germany five years ago? FFS, most of the Argentinian defence were poor in that game (including Demi). The Germans took the piss out of most countries defenders during that tournament.

Despite his poor performance in that match, it seems to be acknowledged by past coaches that Otamendi is a very capable RB, whether we agree or not. Yep, it's not his favourite position, but let's not presume we know for sure that a player is shite based on 'that' performance. Huge mistake to do that. At least if you're gonna do that, make sure you watch the games where he played RB and no goals were conceded as well.

Acknowledged by who though? He's barely played there at all since being destroyed by ze germans 5 years ago when he was 21.

No one can have an informed opinion because there's no information to base it on.

Ignoring the argument of who would be better at RB, isn't Otamendi in Houston with the rest of the Argentinians and probably flies back to UK on Wednesday/Thursday, would we even want him to play a Saturday game after that?

He was on the last two tours but got injured so that stopped him getting more game-time. He has been in and amongst the squad for long enough for Pelegrinni to know if he is ready or not. I trust his opinion on this one but a debut against Bolasie wouldn't be the best scenario for which ever option we choose, but needs must!!

You make it sound like palace are going to be attacking at will. He'll have vinny next to him fern shielding him and navas covering him he will be fine!

You make it sound like palace are going to be attacking at will. He'll have vinny next to him fern shielding him and navas covering him he will be fine!

I agree and am happy with either decision, I actually think Sagna will start.

I fully expect City to have about 68 - 75% possession but when Palace attack it will be on the counter and with pace.
You can't overlook how good they are on the break, Pardew has set them up well and they have pace in abundance.

I think Fernandinho will miss out and expect Delph to come in and do a good job.
The Brazilians had two games and the Argentinians 1 match and will have returned much sooner, for that reason I think Aguero will start

I agree and am happy with either decision, I actually think Sagna will start.

I fully expect City to have about 68 - 75% possession but when Palace attack it will be on the counter and with pace.
You can't overlook how good they are on the break, Pardew has set them up well and they have pace in abundance.

I think Fernandinho will miss out and expect Delph to come in and do a good job.
The Brazilians had two games and the Argentinians 1 match and will have returned much sooner, for that reason I think Aguero will start
Argentina play Mexico tomorrow night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.