Player Topic: Bacary Sagna (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anything been confirmed?

no not that I am aware of but now listed as injured - http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

MANCHESTER CITY (5)

B Sagna Ankle/Foot Injury no return date
W Bony Calf/Shin Injury may feature after international break. 12th Sep 15
P Zabaleta Knee Injury 26th Sep 15
Fernando Muscular Injury 12th Sep 15
G Clichy Ankle/Foot Injury Another 6-7 weeks till the left back is available again. 17th Oct 15

30 minutes ago from MEN
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...anchester-city-news-transfer-rumours-10009511

We will most likely have to wait until Pellegrini interview unless serious injury

Last edited:
It's not the same.

If we had a RB that was further along than Maffeo that had been sent out on a decent loan and came back properly developed, then yes, I'd put him in front of Otamendi because Otamendi isn't a right back.

A bit like the potential scenario Pablo could be in, in 2-3 years time.

But that is not the comparison we are using, is it? We are using an untried 18 year old as the argument.

I'm not suggesting that the EDS lads don't get a chance I'm suggesting that it will happen much further along than some want it to.

Yes it is the argument you are using. You are saying that someone from another position is automatically better than a young fullback. My example of Tevez is of course frivolous but I'm highlighting the fact that there must be a point where the person who actually plays the position, comes into the reconing. You are assuming Otamendi can play fullback better than Maffeo. You might be right, but if you purely base it on age & experience then any fucker who is old can play there.

It has to be based on evidence of the best player for the job.

Re Denayer, I don't fully understand your post but City were trying to loan out Mangala & failed. So obviously they had decided Denayer could be trusted. No chance were they selling him! Where on earth did you get that idea from? (Edit, realise you mean loan so forget that) They signed him up to a contract to prevent him from leaving, before going through with the Otamendi deal. They promised him a place. Mangala then refused to go on loan, so obviously, the 30 million player wins over the one who cost nothing & is signed up for 5 years.

Last edited:
He was on the last two tours but got injured so that stopped him getting more game-time. He has been in and amongst the squad for long enough for Pelegrinni to know if he is ready or not. I trust his opinion on this one but a debut against Bolasie wouldn't be the best scenario for which ever option we choose, but needs must!!
Exactly, neither is a good option & either could struggle. A decision has to be made based on the upcoming training sessions. They should have Brandon Barker & Aaron Nemane running at both & see who struggles the most. And also have both running shuttles up & down & see who copes the best getting back & forward.

Exactly, neither is a good option & either could struggle. A decision has to be made based on the upcoming training sessions. They should have Brandon Barker & Aaron Nemane running at both & see who struggles the most. And also have both running shuttles up & down & see who copes the best getting back & forward.

So, are you saying we should pick Maffeo based on fitness alone?

Bit late for Otamendi that test, he won't get back till Friday dinner.
Anyway Sagna should play - King Colin played on one leg for a whole season.

These American games are "tomorrow" our time, so tonight at 0300 (Wednesday morning), not Thursday.

Yes that's right mate, still was dissapointing as I thought Argentina only had the one fixture not two.

The way things have gone with Delph I think Fernandinho (touch wood) will have to start Saturday.
I guess it depends on Bony fitness and Aguero travel plans if he starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.