Player Topic: Bacary Sagna (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really the same player? He's gone from peripheral last season to being a bit of a beast so far this campaign.

He's been remarkably consistent this season, and showed his versatility by performing just as impressively at left back yesterday. Just needed a run of games to get his sharpness back. Picking him up on a free transfer was a great bit of business.
Great business that I disagreed with at the time. That's about as much as I know!

Humble pie time. Thought he was absolute dogshit last season. Still no Zaba going forward but probably a better defender. And it hurts to say that. Most improved player from last season.

He is our number 1 right back. Hard to believe I'd ever say that with Zaba still here - but, let's hope Zaba comes back to his best soon, as there's plenty of room for 2.

Defensive solidity has made him number 1 right back and one of the first names on the team sheet. Martial looks quite a decent player and although he got the better of Sagna a couple of times, Bacary gave as good as he got and stopped him more than a few times.

i think Zaba needs game time and will get it against Palace but Sagna is having a very very good season so far

Superb yet again today.
Frustrating that the attacking players get all the accolades because he's unarguably been our most consistent performer this season for me

The article in the MEN reminded me again what transformation Sagna has made compared to last season. Nice to see consistency and stability in a player. No Zabaleta going foreward, but we seem more balanced in defence. His strong point imo is the perfect timing and powerfull jumps when heading a ball while he's not the tallest by far.
It's good to know Zabaleta needs to step up to try and get his spot back. Sagna no doubt been driven by the prospect of playing the EC in his homeland next summer. A good battle is only good for City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.