Player Topic: Bacary Sagna (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the fact he is a right back,he's a better choice than kolarov,we look much more solid with him in the team - possibly our most consistent player this season,a superb signing.
He defends better than Kolorov but Kolorov shades it when it comes to attacking play.

He defends better than Kolorov but Kolorov shades it when it comes to attacking play.
We don't particularly require a full back who's strength lies in the occasional decent cross,we do need a back four who can defend......are comfortable on the ball and can pass it out of defence to our incredible front four/five can do the fancy stuff.
Give me two 'proper' full backs any day.

We don't particularly require a full back who's strength lies in the occasional decent cross,we do need a back four who can defend......are comfortable on the ball and can pass it out of defence to our incredible front four/five can do the fancy stuff.

I want my full backs to be defenders first and they do have plenty of attacking options ahead of them but they are also a part of the way we attack. The way Sagna is playing, I'd be content to see him have a spell at left back. He's had a really good season so far.

Agree with sagna being better fit than kolarov . Defended better but also made good runs to create space for kevin . The biggest problem with kolarov is for a left back whose primary job is to defend he is shit at it and attacking wise he is very predictable and some times comes in the way of the attackers makes runs he shouldn't . You have to see how well zaba plays in terms of his positioning and different runs he makes for others to see how bad kolarov is in respect to how a full back should play and find the right balance in attack and defense

Agree 100% our attacking talent is good enough we need a LB that defends!

I'll be honest and thought wtf last year. This season starts, plays great and then gets asked to play on the left and still has a great game. So far my man of the season.

He's been remarkably consistent this season, and showed his versatility by performing just as impressively at left back yesterday. Just needed a run of games to get his sharpness back. Picking him up on a free transfer was a great bit of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.