Player topic: David Silva (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: David Silva appreciation thread

Puppet Master Silva said:
Just read the redcafe thread that the quote was from, there's about 2 of them saying the same thing but in the interest of fairness the rest seem a fair enough bunch. An Everton fan pulled one of them up and called them self-righteous to which one replied "you could be in the bottom 3 tomorrow", which is obviously to do with David Silva and proves he knows how to put a point across.

A fair few saying he's better than Iniesta now.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/threads/david-silva.339670/page-19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/threads/david-si ... 70/page-19</a>
I remember a thread on there a while back when a lot of them were saying they found it hard to hate any of our players as they (our players not the caff inbreds) seemed a decent bunch of lads. Only Nasri and Hart seemed to attract any real bile off them.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
Great performance today , Merlin is on a different planet , best midfielder in the world.
Best attacking midfielder in the league on his day but not midfielder for sure. Silva is abysmal at defending. When he drift inside as he frequently does, he leaves that side exposed and in addition doesn't cover well. That's why many teams concentrate their attack on his side, leaving clichy or kolarov to fend off rapid counterattacks. It has cost us a few times already. When he does defend, one on one, his small stature and lack of physicality hinders his ability to win the ball, as opposed to say Milner.

I think MP should just play him at his best position of AM or just behind the striker although his finishing needs improving. That way his lack of defensive work will not hurt us as much

I must admit I do trawl through other teams forums to see what is being said, and even though the rags a complimentary about Merlin they're arrogant enough to think he should only be plying his majestic trade at one of the European elite. Chelsea fans seem to think Hazard is a better player, and even though that's no surprise ( fans thinking their own players a better than other clubs players), no other player in the premier league controls/dictates a game like our little magician does, some may have better games, some may be more dynamic/destructive but there is no player that is more influential to the way a team plays.

It isn't delusional to say that he is on par with Iniesta.

Haven't been on here for a while but after seeing merlin at work tonight I just had to. What a player this guy is, without doubt the best footballer I have seen at City in 37 years of following them. The fact we have no sort of song for this fella is the biggest travesty of my city supporting life (relegations and general fuckwittery of person or persons in charge of the club during periods of time in the past notwithstanding). Just something simple say to the tune of Abba's Money would do.

Silva, Silva, Silva,
He'll fucking kill yer,
He's a genius!

and just repeat it for about 10 minutes if he plays like that again. The poor lad didn't even get applauded off as the City fans were busy serenading Yaya who played as though he spent the week eating cake before he got his goal.

Any better idea's or improvements on this which also got off the ground would make my fucking decade. (Apart from the winning trophies bit)

Rant over

Absolute joy to watch, really hope he finishes his career with us and stays on to coach our future young midfielders!

Deserves a lot more recognition than he gets.

Any David Silva ole vids?

Heard it clearly on my telebox, looks like it's finally getting going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.