Player topic: David Silva (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: David Silva appreciation thread

squirtyflower said:
KippaxCitizen said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
He looked truly gutted to be subbed however I though it was genius. Let him get the applause from the fans that he so deserved.

I think he is the best player I have personally witnessed in a blue shirt.

Legend.
He looked fucking pissed off and it makes you wonder about Pellegrini because he'd decided to bring him off before the goal. At 0-0 he was about to take our best player off. Imagine if Yaya hadn't made the breakthrough and it had ended 0-0 and Pelle had taken Silva off...! He ducked one there.
perhaps you need to re-watch the game
he took Silva off at 1-0

i'd previously commented to my wife how he looked absolutely knackered
they were going to bring Jovetich on but quickly changed it when we scored, and shored up the midfield by moving Milner inside and putting Navas out wide to push Villa back with his pace

Agreed.

Silva was clearly disappointed to be coming off, which is fine, but when it happened Pellers had obviously decided to go for shape and solidity to ensure that we did not let the one goal lead go. Had we not just scored, Jovetic would have been fresh legs for a final push. Yaya is the hub of the team and does not come off in such circumstances, Lamps was a sub and Milner is a Duracell Monkey.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Raggi01 said:
Was having a pop at ragcafe, and let me say, these rag wankers are some thing else. Take a look at this.
Sam

"Its not just about the trophies. For me, a player like Silva should be playing at a club like Madrid/Barca/United/Bayern, basically an elite club with a rich tradition and history. He's got the ability to be a legend at any of those clubs.

Instead, he's just at a plastic club, and I just find it sad. Same goes for the great players that go to PSG, Monaco, Anzi, or any of the other oil rich clubs that suddenly buy themselves to the top out of nowhere."

Seriously, these deluded idiots think they're at the top of world football. David Silva is playing for one of the greatest clubs at the world, he'd be wasting his career at a club like Ushited
Ah, yes. Is that the Madrid who were run amid obvious corruption in the 1950s and 60s? and United who nearly went bust twice and were saved by a mega rich owner who changed their club name, built them a new stadium, changed their kit, bought a whole new team and won trophies on the back of it?

Neither club would be anything without that. United wouldn't even exist if it weren't for a mega-rich owner saving them, twice!
That's a part of their.....errrr......rich tradition and history that most united fans are curiously ignorant of.

Yes these so called fans need a history lesson they claim to be fans and waffle on about A RICH HISTORY when they know fuckall about their clubs history or choose the selective knowledge approach dismissing anything that doesn't fit their deluded Ideology hateful rag bastards.

OB1 said:
squirtyflower said:
KippaxCitizen said:
He looked fucking pissed off and it makes you wonder about Pellegrini because he'd decided to bring him off before the goal. At 0-0 he was about to take our best player off. Imagine if Yaya hadn't made the breakthrough and it had ended 0-0 and Pelle had taken Silva off...! He ducked one there.
he took Silva off at 1-0

they were going to bring Jovetich on but quickly changed it when we scored, and shored up the midfield by moving Milner inside and putting Navas out wide to push Villa back with his pace

Agreed.

Silva was clearly disappointed to be coming off, which is fine, but when it happened Pellers had obviously decided to go for shape and solidity to ensure that we did not let the one goal lead go. Had we not just scored, Jovetic would have been fresh legs for a final push. Yaya is the hub of the team and does not come off in such circumstances, Lamps was a sub and Milner is a Duracell Monkey.

That bit made me LOL!

Once we'd achieved the breakthrough, it was right to protect the lead. It's also wise to protect Merlin by substituting him when victory looks assured to save unnecessary injury to the lad.

Not sure I've heard Gary Neville use the word 'brilliant' more about a player in live commentary.

Back to subject Colin Bell is my all time fave player but Merlin is closing fast a truly world class player IMHO possibly No 3 in the world behind Mess and Ronald simply sublime footballing brain just unplayable to merely normal players a 100% dedicated grafter and the reason teams fear us so much whatever this little guy is paid ain't nearly enough I never want to see him playing for anyone else a true blue legend I personally don't think we'll ever see his like again at this club.

Still feel he doesn't get the praise he deserves from the media in general,we all have a list of fav players but would have to say he's now number1 on mine,seems to get better every time he plays,and makes the game look so effortless....

deano ou812 said:
Still feel he doesn't get the praise he deserves from the media in general,we all have a list of fav players but would have to say he's now number1 on mine,seems to get better every time he plays,and makes the game look so effortless....

This.
David is the type of players who can reign supreme till their late 30s, just like Pirlo and Zidane for example, declining pace and endurance won't have any impact on the asset they provide to the team.
I can see him pulling the strings of our attack till 2025 !

ZZmaestro said:
deano ou812 said:

This.
David is the type of players who can reign supreme till their late 30s, just like Pirlo and Zidane for example, declining pace and endurance won't have any impact on the asset they provide to the team.
"39 year old David Silva helps to secure City's 11th league title."

ZZmaestro said:
deano ou812 said:

This.
a quick edit there
originally you had 2015

squirtyflower said:
KippaxCitizen said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
He looked truly gutted to be subbed however I though it was genius. Let him get the applause from the fans that he so deserved.

I think he is the best player I have personally witnessed in a blue shirt.

Legend.
he took Silva off at 1-0

He brought him off just when we scored just before the game kicked back off, so he would have given the details to the fourth official before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.