Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Keith Moon said:
Ra-Ra Ah-Ah-Ah, Mangala-Man-gala
Mangala-Ooh-La-La, want to break your bones.

To the tune of happy birthday...
Good drugs today? What the fuck kind of birthdays do you have?...tried singing this at least ten times now in my head and can't fathom how that's happy birthday tune

Keith Moon said:
Ra-Ra Ah-Ah-Ah, Mangala-Man-gala
Mangala-Ooh-La-La, want to break your bones.

To the tune of happy birthday...
Good drugs today? What the fuck kind of birthdays do you have?...tried singing this at least ten times now in my head and can't fathom how that's happy birthday tune

Woody13 said:
Think we need to be careful about over hyping Mangala no matter how impressive he has been so far, and certainly forget about any potential moves he may make in the next 5 years!

He looks a perfect partner for Vinny and anyone that's seen him play so far cannot fail to be impressed, but it is still massively early days in his City career, and from what he's done so far it's staggering that he didn't play any games for France in the World Cup (now who's getting carried away!), but we do need to keep this in perspective, let's see how he goes against all the different style of strikers he'll come up against in the Prem and CL and when he doesn't have Kompany alongside him against decent opposition.

It is easy to get carried away with him, as I have on occasions since watching him, because he seems to have it all, but it is very early days.

You keep your feet on the ground, I'm getting carried away thankyou very much ;). This kid is the real deal and is destined for great things.

hgblue said:
Woody13 said:
Think we need to be careful about over hyping Mangala no matter how impressive he has been so far, and certainly forget about any potential moves he may make in the next 5 years!

He looks a perfect partner for Vinny and anyone that's seen him play so far cannot fail to be impressed, but it is still massively early days in his City career, and from what he's done so far it's staggering that he didn't play any games for France in the World Cup (now who's getting carried away!), but we do need to keep this in perspective, let's see how he goes against all the different style of strikers he'll come up against in the Prem and CL and when he doesn't have Kompany alongside him against decent opposition.

It is easy to get carried away with him, as I have on occasions since watching him, because he seems to have it all, but it is very early days.

You keep your feet on the ground, I'm getting carried away thankyou very much ;). This kid is the real deal and is destined for great things.

Can't fault that mate, he does look the dog's to be fair, always a bit cautious when a guy comes in and looks the business from the off, would prefer to make a judgement closer to Christmas when we've seen him in CL action and against a whole host of Premier League strikers.

Woody13 said:
hgblue said:
Woody13 said:

Can't fault that mate, he does look the dog's to be fair, always a bit cautious when a guy comes in and looks the business from the off, would prefer to make a judgement closer to Christmas when we've seen him in CL action and against a whole host of Premier League strikers.

Fair enough, remember you heard it here first ;).

Woody13 said:
hgblue said:
Woody13 said:

He couldnt have faced a better premier league striker to start with though, and fared pretty impressively if i recall

Hes the dogs bollocks, you can just tell, may have the odd lapse in concentration/positioning, but hes young its going to happen

proudbear said:
Woody13 said:
hgblue said:

He couldnt have faced a better premier league striker to start with though, and fared pretty impressively if i recall

Hes the dogs bollocks, you can just tell, may have the odd lapse in concentration/positioning, but hes young its going to happen

I'm not doubting how well he played against Chelsea and against a top striker in Costa. I'm no doubting he looks the real deal and a perfect partner for Vinny, I'm just balancing that with a bit of caution with it being so early into his City career. Talk of him now being with £50m after a decent Premier League appearance and it is easy to get carried away with how he's going to do because he looked so good in that game, just think he'll have some very different challenges ahead of him and let's hope all this talk is spot on rather than wishful thinking. I do think he looks top drawer at this very early stage.

Phil Neville was saying only a few weeks ago that United had Mangala watched last season, but Moyes and everyone else at Utd weren't impressed, and didn't think he was good enough to partner the likes of Jonny Evans or Chris Smalling. Neville finished by saying "the fact that he's only France's 4th-choice centre-back tells you all you need to know".

Scary but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.