Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala signs!!!!

And now a fee based on assumptions is going viral around the web, making it sound like we paid more than we did (or at least more than City are saying). Tomorrow it'll have reached £50m.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
mosssideblue said:
Let's not start a flapping session on how much we paid. Does it matter, he is here

I agree.....I'm all flapped out anyway!;) We got him and with player sales we'll be well under our spending restrictions, so that's all that matters.....

Ferran says the spending restrictions are meaningless, as we are already breaking even! If the snapshot had been taken slightly later then even the 80M under disagreement would have been meaningless, so I don't think we will ever have to worry about FFP again, as long as we stay in the Top 4!

In short, we paid £16M extra to buy the players we wanted this summer and give UEFA the FFP finger! Good business, in my book.

Marvin said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Gareth Barry Manilow said:
The rest will be to the third party owners, I guess?
Yup, the 8 million goes to 3rd parties.
if 56.67% = 30.5m Euros then 100% = 54m Euros = £43m

Yes but "hypothetically" the club we may have negotiated separately with the third party and said we are only prepared to give you say £5m for your share and that may help explain the delay in the deal going through

and it means we never know exactly what has been paid for him

LoveCity said:
And now a fee based on assumptions is going viral around the web, making it sound like we paid more than we did (or at least more than City are saying). Tomorrow it'll have reached £50m.
any announcements on the Portugese Stock Exchange yet?

George Hannah said:
LoveCity said:
yes, 30m euros for 56% of Mangala

LoveCity said:

Who cares what they say we got our man that's the main thing.

George Hannah said:
LoveCity said:

That's where the whole thing comes from, Porto saying they received £24m for their 55%, leading to people to immediately assume the other 45% was sold for the exact same value. When City appear to say otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.