Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
kp789 said:
Seems that many posters on here just think that if you pay 30 mil, no matter who they are or what position they play or what system they are used to, you are just crap if you don't perform from the off.

MDM took time to settle in a seasoned defender, Garcia was the same. I could least numerous players we have signed down the years who did the very same.

But why then when MDM was arguably one of our top 3 performers in the second half of last season and with VK made us very hard to beat, would you replace him with someone who might come good in a year.

Central defence is a key position in the side and you can't take risks. Bizarrely we seem to throw him in to all the away games. Surely the safest place to blood a new player is at home.
I would not disagree with you. I dont think we should disrupt a winning formula (obviously today was an exception with Vinny injured) But I think the lad will be a player.

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
kp789 said:
Seems that many posters on here just think that if you pay 30 mil, no matter who they are or what position they play or what system they are used to, you are just crap if you don't perform from the off.

MDM took time to settle in a seasoned defender, Garcia was the same. I could least numerous players we have signed down the years who did the very same.
Didn't pay 32mil for Garcia or MD. Could have nearly had any centre back in the world for that price...yet we bought a player who has zero positional sense..fucking zero. Don't give me the "he had great game against Chelsea bull, Chelsea never came at us and Kompany let Costa know very early who was boss by the left touchline.If we think he'll come good we may aswell bring Micah back and wait for eternity again for him too to learn the basics. Rekik and Nastasic are younger and better now than this lad ever will be. Just watch his two clangers for first goal. He's crap, I thought it before we signed him, and nothing's changed that...he was playing this bad anytime I saw him last year after we became interested
Behave.

I would like to revisit this discussion at the end of next season.

kp789 said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Over hyped, over paid and basically crap.
Top post. Most informative and critiqued him superbly. I fell you have rocked my footballing world. I can now see the game in a whole new light. Thank you for your in depth analysis and for clearing all the fog and haze that surrounds the beautiful game.

Why thank you. And your views are?

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
kp789 said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Over hyped, over paid and basically crap.
Top post. Most informative and critiqued him superbly. I fell you have rocked my footballing world. I can now see the game in a whole new light. Thank you for your in depth analysis and for clearing all the fog and haze that surrounds the beautiful game.

That you are judging a young player on handful of games, in a different club, country, culture, League and playing style. There is far more to his game. He has barely stepped through the door and people are already on his back. There is no chance that we would have paid the kind of money that we did, if he did not have some ability, which he does. You are entitled to your opinion, but I urge that you give him time. Or at least, could you back up your criticism rather than just saying that he is crap?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Stoned Rose said:
Thought he played well tonight.

Yes he makes little mistakes and yes he doesn't concentrate for 90 minutes but he does have a lot going for him.

Fast, strong, good in the air and able to carry the ball.

He's now playing in a vastly different league and carrying 32m around his neck. Not easy that.

I like him and think he'll develop into something special.

What is making us look so shit at the back? If he is good and MDM is good then what is it?

Obviously Clichy is one reason but what else is it? We just don't dominate play anymore.

Is it the continued shite performances of the two fern's?[/

1. Not defending as a team. Keeping clean sheets is a 'system' thing. Defending should be happening all over the pitch (see Chelsea) and it just isn't. We aren't for example showing any fucking plan whatsoever at corners and look as though we are just hoping for the best rather than dealing with it. See moscow's first as a prime example.

2. Not having settled back 4. This is especially important for a team who plays offside as often as us.

3. Clichy is well past his best. He has taken to being consistently out of position (exposing mangala) and shitting out of tackles.

4. Fernandinho has gone from being IMO our most influential player last season to looking like a hungover pub player this.

5. Fernando is (like Garcia did) struggling to get his head round this league. Like Garcia he seems to think he can 'dwell' on the ball and doesn't clear his lines when he should. I've seen enough to know he'll be reet once he beds in but with the whole lack of systemic defending he is unfortunately baring the brunt as his position (DM) is the one that is tasked with 'cleaning up the mess' the rest of the team is creating.

The underpinning problem with all of this is a basic lack of application, being professional and doing 'the basics' right as a team. I've mentioned this in threads earlier in the season and my point still stands.

This guy will be top top class. I just know it.

He has come into a side which are struggling for form and confidence.
As MV says he should have been blooded at home.

Have people forgotten his debut V chelsea already?

Give him a chance..

kp789 said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
kp789 said:

That you are judging a young player on handful of games, in a different club, country, culture, League and playing style. There is far more to his game. He has barely stepped through the door and people are already on his back. There is no chance that we would have paid the kind of money that we did, if he did not have some ability, which he does. You are entitled to your opinion, but I urge that you give him time. Or at least, could you back up your criticism rather than just saying that he is crap?
That's what Pellegrini did with Nastasić, basically gave up on a potential elite centre half on three poor games. Which stinks!

By the way Mangala is 24, he's not that young, it's not like he's 19 or owt.

kp789 said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
kp789 said:

Has to start doing the simple defensive things well, but those long passes to Aguero were top quality. Not many defenders have got that in their locker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.