Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

I'm backing him up, he's still getting used to the prem. Remember when kompany first joined he wasn't exactly amazing but luckily for him he was good on the ball.

130807171022-kompany-man-city-2008-vertical-gallery.jpg

This is a pic of Vinnie in 2008, he looks skinny as f*** then he realised the prem's not a p*ssy mans league.

This is him now. he's strong, powerful quick, big headed ;-) and easily for me the best defender in the world.

CS53523011Manchester-Citys.jpg

Luckily for mangala he's strong and quick and has the physical presence, but now needs to adapt to the prem and also be good on the ball.

A spell at left-back would be ideal for him. Pellegrini probably too scared of pissing him off.

I do feel a bit sorry for Mangala because yet again the club has paid ridiculous money for a player, increasing the level of expectation, which in no way matches the players level of current performance.

We have to remember he was behind the likes of Sakho and Koscielny in the France squad this summer which speaks volumes about his current standing.

I think there was probably much better value in the market for defenders and spending the cash on Mangala has resulted in City again missing out on genuine world class players who have become available.

To put it in context Sanchez, Costa, Fabregas went for similar money. Like I said its not the lads fault but at that money you are expecting the finished article.

I would be interested to know if City are struggling to attract the best talent since we have started to incentivise players contracts hence the reason we are over-paying for a number of players. Fernandinho is a case in point. 32 million for a 29 year old, not a regular in a poor brazil team and purchased even though he will be played out of position.

kp789 said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
kp789 said:
Top post. Most informative and critiqued him superbly. I fell you have rocked my footballing world. I can now see the game in a whole new light. Thank you for your in depth analysis and for clearing all the fog and haze that surrounds the beautiful game.

Why thank you. And your views are?
That you are judging a young player on handful of games, in a different club, country, culture, League and playing style. There is far more to his game. He has barely stepped through the door and people are already on his back. There is no chance that we would have paid the kind of money that we did, if he did not have some ability, which he does. You are entitled to your opinion, but I urge that you give him time. Or at least, could you back up your criticism rather than just saying that he is crap?

Ok ok time will tell. If he turns out to be worth what we paid, I'll admit I was wrong.

IWasHere said:
I'm backing him up, he's still getting used to the prem. Remember when kompany first joined he wasn't exactly amazing but luckily for him he was good on the ball.

This is a pic of Vinnie in 2008, he looks skinny as f*** then he realised the prem's not a p*ssy mans league.

This is him now. he's strong, powerful quick, big headed ;-) and easily for me the best defender in the world.

Luckily for mangala he's strong and quick and has the physical presence, but now needs to adapt to the prem and also be good on the ball.
I thought Kompany was our best player in his first season with us.

Serious question, is he better than Nastasic? Watching some youtube clips of Nastasic, he looks so much more composed and balanced than Mangala. Also had a reminder of that chant from a while ago, 'we never lose when Nastasic plays'... what do we have now, 'we never win when Mangala starts'?

Considering the main reason Lescott was dumped was because he can't play football, I am shocked how awkward Mangala looks in possession.

I'm not impressed by his performance's but I think it's to early to say he's never going to be a great player for the club. He's still settling into the club and into the Premier League. He doesn't look the most confident at the moment but all that can change. I also strongly disagree with playing him left back, he simply doesn't look suited for there.

KippaxCitizen said:
IWasHere said:

Not saying he was shit mate but look at the difference between what he was like when we first got him compared to what he is like now.

IWasHere said:
KippaxCitizen said:
IWasHere said:

Not saying he was shit mate but look at the difference between what he was like when we first got him compared to what he is like now.

Sadly I think its easier to spend a few hours lifting heaving things than it is to learn how to defend and become comfortable with a ball at your feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.