Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Mangala had pretty steady game yesterday, I don't think he's come across the physical side of the game like Zamora gave him yesterday. Zamora even proved to be a handful for DeMichelis too yesterday and would have even given Kompany some problems playing like he did if Vinny had been fit.

I don't think Nastasic is any worse than Mangala personally. I wish our coach would work with both of them and Rekik and Denayer because all four are going to be top centre backs and we're lucky to have them all on our books. The problem is Nastasic has been frozen out and Mangala has some fans on his back after he's been here two minutes because of his transfer fee and the long protracted transfer negotiations. Both players are being treated badly by the club and the fans for different reasons. If we had a decent defensive coach, someone who has played in Europe but knows how the Premier League has changed then we can save the careers of both of these players. The way both are being treated at the moment makes me think that both will be become better players at other clubs. Typical City is having talented players and then selling them on the cheap to fulfil their potential elsewhere. Seems some on here would be happier with Smalling and Jones than Nastasic and Mangala.

It's time the club got the best from these investments and started training and playing them. Martin DeMichelis has adapted his game. He's played at some of the best clubs in Europe and internationally plays for a strong Argentinian side. Maybe get him to be a player/coach for the defensive side of things or bring someone in who can do this role and stop us getting rid of players when we become impatient with their development. Boateng left for a variety of reasons, Savic the same. They both got one season with us but both are progressing well with their careers with decent clubs.

Mangala and Nastasic are both strong, good on the ball defenders. It's the drop in concentraton from both which stops them being complete defenders. They sometimes loose the man they should be marking but usually because they are/were getting pulled out of position by covering for a wing back who was attacking up the pitch when we lost possession. This isn't solely the job of the centre back to cover.

On another note Vinny was played in midfield when we signed him and he didn't shine in that role. It was only when he was eventually played at centre back and DeJong played in front of him that Vinny became one of our better players.

He will prove to be a great signing, we just need to get behind him..

It will take most of this season for him to get used to our play and the Prem.

He has all the attributes to be a great player..

Did well, I think he will be a great player. Would like to see other players supporting him, seemed only joe was prepared to kind of say "good tackle/clearance. Or is this our problem that we are a team of individuals?

backforCity said:
Did well, I think he will be a great player. Would like to see other players supporting him, seemed only joe was prepared to kind of say "good tackle/clearance. Or is this our problem that we are a team of individuals?

Its because they know that the defending from the whole team was a complete embarrassment yesterday and there was nothing worth congratulating

I thought both CB's actually played pretty well to keep us even in the game with the shower of shite going on around them. Both had to make far too many clearances, block crosses, make last gasp interceptions and hopeful offisde traps thanks to our other players giving the ball away for fun in our own half.

Clichy offering anyone who wandered over to the right the free run of the pitch was making it very dificult, with both goals being the result of him giving his man all the time in the world to pick out a pass and both CB's had to clear numerous other balls in from that side that were under no pressure at all.

What I would say is that I don't think we can carry on playing our 18 yard line offside trap if we aren't going to put any pressure on the man with the ball, as it's a recipe for disaster. It only takes one well timed run and it leaves them one on one with the keeper. That's not the CB's fault, that's the system and the lack of help from the other players hanging them out to dry. It works most of the time, but it's incredibly high risk if the other team times it right and we've been doing it long enough now that other teams must really target it, it's not taking anyone by surprise anymore.

I honestly believe that starting Milner on the left should be a default for the rest of the season (until we get a new LB). He gives the LB cover, which in turn means that the LCB gets exposed less.

Although as a whole we have been defensively shit, its the left hand side that is where goals are conceded mostly.

As far as Mangala goes, I think he will come good. Needs more time, you can see that the expectation of the fee is hanging on his mind.. Apart from Hull away I do not think he has had a very bad performance. Needs to work a bit on the offside trap. For most errors its usually the LB who is more the culprit than he is

bluechampion7891 said:
I honestly believe that starting Milner on the rest should be a default for the rest of the season (until we get a new LB). He gives the LB cover, which in turn means that the LCB gets exposed less.
Totally agree with this which was I thought we seriously weakened an already weakened defence yesterday, by including Sagna on the other side, and Nasri in front of Clichy. Schoolboy errors from Pellegrini in my book.

Get off Mangala's back FFS, and look at the bigger picture, he's just arrived from a very different league, and is trying to adjust, after no pre season, in a team he is in and out of, that is playing below par.

It would definitely help him if he could concentrate on his own game without worrying what his left back is doing.

kp789 said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
kp789 said:
Seems that many posters on here just think that if you pay 30 mil, no matter who they are or what position they play or what system they are used to, you are just crap if you don't perform from the off.

MDM took time to settle in a seasoned defender, Garcia was the same. I could least numerous players we have signed down the years who did the very same.
Didn't pay 32mil for Garcia or MD. Could have nearly had any centre back in the world for that price...yet we bought a player who has zero positional sense..fucking zero. Don't give me the "he had great game against Chelsea bull, Chelsea never came at us and Kompany let Costa know very early who was boss by the left touchline.If we think he'll come good we may aswell bring Micah back and wait for eternity again for him too to learn the basics. Rekik and Nastasic are younger and better now than this lad ever will be. Just watch his two clangers for first goal. He's crap, I thought it before we signed him, and nothing's changed that...he was playing this bad anytime I saw him last year after we became interested
Behave.

I would like to revisit this discussion at the end of next season.
I'm up for that as I am 100% sure that he is a very bad player and I will be fucking shocked if he even has one good game .(just one) between now and the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.