Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

its a Barm said:
Jury stiil out for me, but do hope he can become a great defender like Vinny, time will tell we should know my the end of the year.

End of next year I would agree with. He's a young lad who seemingly has all of the attributes and the occasional flash of brilliance.

He isn't a bad player, he's just an inconsistent player.

Once he is settled properly and has a season under his belt then we will know more about him in terms of how consistent he can become.

What impressed me the most last night when he was pinging balls to Navas left and right foot. Brilliant range of passing on the lad.

Seen the Indy gave him a 4/10, I thought he was one of our better players last night, although prone to a few mistakes hes only young and playing in a defence that has struggled regardless since Barry left.

he was up against ribery,robben and lewandwoski , three of the best strikers in europe , and he didnt put a foot wrong , what more does the lad have to do ? , and he is also the only player in the premier league to have costa in his back pocket , give him a dozen more games , and we will see a world class defender in our midst.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
he was up against ribery,robben and lewandwoski , three of the best strikers in europe , and he didnt put a foot wrong , what more does the lad have to do ? , and he is also the only player in the premier league to have costa in his back pocket , give him a dozen more games , and we will see a world class defender in our midst.

you make a good point here. People expect that to play well as a defender, you must constantly, without fail in any game, repel all that is put in front of you.

Forgetting that some attackers we face are awesome and it's their job to exploit defences and score goals.

Mangala did very well last night against tough opposition. He'll improve nicely if he can play that well against some of the Premier League opposition.

His two good games were against teams that play just 1 up top.
Therefore under no great pressure all the time.
They guy will come good in time just like Fernandinho & Demichellis did last year.

jimmygrimblesboots said:

Have more than 2 good games in his City career?

He has consistently made mistakes and poor errors of judgement since joining us. Let's not start wanking each other off quite yet.

other than the free kick for their goal (a soft one) and one moment where he was being too cute getting the ball out of defence, he was outstanding. In fact I'd say he was better than he was v chelsea, they just satin their half whereas the munchen rags attacked

Didnt everyone know Mangala was by no means the finished product? I knew little about him but knew that so its come as no surprise to me. Pretty sure we could have signed the more complete ( At this moment ) Benatia but chose not too as Mangala has huge potential ( which he has shown here ) and will become the better of the two players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.