Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Damocles said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
he was up against ribery,robben and lewandwoski , three of the best strikers in europe , and he didnt put a foot wrong , what more does the lad have to do ? , and he is also the only player in the premier league to have costa in his back pocket , give him a dozen more games , and we will see a world class defender in our midst.
Have more than 2 good games in his City career?
He has consistently made mistakes and poor errors of judgement since joining us. Let's not start wanking each other off quite yet.
You'd prefer the ginger piglet rat then? He's started against Chelsea (1-1) star man, Sheff Wed (7-1 win ) Hull (4-2 win) Villa (2-0) win (Moscow 2-2) QPR (2-2) & Bayern (3-2 win) so we are unbeaten when he's played.

ell said:
What impressed me the most last night when he was pinging balls to Navas left and right foot. Brilliant range of passing on the lad.

Seen the Indy gave him a 4/10, I thought he was one of our better players last night, although prone to a few mistakes hes only young and playing in a defence that has struggled regardless since Barry left.

Some very poor ratings in the MUEN - Mangala 5 ? - thought he had a very good game last night.

Damocles said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
he was up against ribery,robben and lewandwoski , three of the best strikers in europe , and he didnt put a foot wrong , what more does the lad have to do ? , and he is also the only player in the premier league to have costa in his back pocket , give him a dozen more games , and we will see a world class defender in our midst.

He has consistently made mistakes and poor errors of judgement since joining us. Let's not start wanking each other off quite yet.

Bet your having a right wank fest over Demichelis now though , every player needs time to adjust to the premier league , and when a player has a good game , he should be congratulated

George Hannah said:
Damocles said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
You'd prefer the ginger piglet rat then? He's started against Chelsea (1-1) star man, Sheff Wed (7-1 win ) Hull (4-2 win) Villa (2-0) win (Moscow 2-2) QPR (2-2) & Bayern (3-2 win) so we are unbeaten when he's played.

Sadly not, he played at West Ham.

But this lad clearly has all the attributes to be a world class centre-half. A few rough edges, yes, but he was bought with the next ten years in mind, not the next five minutes. His price tag will pale into insignificance when he finds form. No-one talks about Lescott costing £24m, only that he was a great servant to the club and to whom we wished all the best when he left.

George Hannah said:
Damocles said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:

To be honest mate I'm sat here trying to work out who the ginger piglet rat is?

Mister Appointment said:
For me he's gonna be world class and in a year or two we'll be considering his transfer fee a relative bargain.

I think this too. I said in another thread. He is quick as lightning, strong as an ox and good on the ball. I suspect he is going to offer a threat from setpieces too. It's very rare to get a centre half with all these attribute. Vinny has them, but not many more. I think he and Vinny are going to end up the best centre half partnership in the league.

He looks good to me. Our defensive issues this season relate to how we defend as a team not so much individual errors. Second half last night we pressed well around the pitch and when we forced errors we won the ball, Mangala did his job very well. We need to do that all the time.

First half the pressing was sloppy and we gave 10 men too much space that is not Mangalas fault. If anything it is the 5 in front who did not break up the play.

Damocles said:
George Hannah said:
Damocles said:

To be honest mate I'm sat here trying to work out who the ginger piglet rat is?

he played well last night, nothing more nothing less, the lad needs game time in a blue shirt.
with his price tag he has no place to hide so when he has a shaky game the hacks and flappers go into overdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.