Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Thought he was exceptional last night. One slight mistake for the free kick, slightly undone by a great bit of skill/luck from Lewondowski.

He attacked every ball, brought it out of defence very well several times and some wonderful long range passing both feet.

He will be marked poorly in the press because Scholes "still isn't sure" I'm fucking sure he's better than Luke Shaw.

He done well last night some good things some iffy things. The more he plays with Vinny the better he will get. His passing at times was very good. Strong in the air but at times he would press up and be caught out of position. It was a preformance to build on and hopefully he does that.

There have been some really negative assessments of Mangala since he signed for us. Some of those from last nights game are just baffling, for me apart from the free kick he conceded on the edge of the box, he was excellent. He's young, strong, quick and looks to have a decent range of passing, everything that Lescott (as much as we all liked him) now lacks. In my humble opinion the lad will get better and better as he adapts to the Premiership and to City. Defensively the team are coming under more pressure during matches and I believe that is, in part, due to us not putting teams to the sword as we did last season. We are not as potent upfront as last year, Negrado's gone, Edins injured, Jovetic isn't an 'out and out' goalscorer but fortunately Sergio's doing the business. Teams playing us know we're not scoring 4 or 5 every game this season, that gives them some hope. Swansea at 2 - 1 down have nothing to lose going for it, Swansea at 3 - 0 down just think stuff it, we've got Hull City at home next week we can pick something up from that game providing we don't get injured / sent off by doing something rash.

Thought he was quality last night. The ginger pig had a snide dig because he knows Mangala is young, settling, under pressure but has a lot of potential

Damocles said:
George Hannah said:
Damocles said:
Have more than 2 good games in his City career?
He has consistently made mistakes and poor errors of judgement since joining us. Let's not start wanking each other off quite yet.
You'd prefer the ginger piglet rat then? He's started against Chelsea (1-1) star man, Sheff Wed (7-1 win ) Hull (4-2 win) Villa (2-0) win (Moscow 2-2) QPR (2-2) & Bayern (3-2 win) so we are unbeaten when he's played.
To be honest mate I'm sat here trying to work out who the ginger piglet rat is?
he's a first cousin to the ratboys but his title is sometimes shortened
The Fat el Hombre said:
Thought he was quality last night. The ginger pig had a snide dig because he knows Mangala is young, settling, under pressure but has a lot of potential
anyway Mangala played at West Ham apparently, so his invincible record has gone for this season

Astley Lad said:
There have been some really negative assessments of Mangala since he signed for us. Some of those from last nights game are just baffling, for me apart from the free kick he conceded on the edge of the box, he was excellent. He's young, strong, quick and looks to have a decent range of passing, everything that Lescott (as much as we all liked him) now lacks. In my humble opinion the lad will get better and better as he adapts to the Premiership and to City. Defensively the team are coming under more pressure during matches and I believe that is, in part, due to us not putting teams to the sword as we did last season. We are not as potent upfront as last year, Negrado's gone, Edins injured, Jovetic isn't an 'out and out' goalscorer but fortunately Sergio's doing the business. Teams playing us know we're not scoring 4 or 5 every game this season, that gives them some hope. Swansea at 2 - 1 down have nothing to lose going for it, Swansea at 3 - 0 down just think stuff it, we've got Hull City at home next week we can pick something up from that game providing we don't get injured / sent off by doing something rash.

Top post. Signs now showing that Eli & Vinnie are getting on the same page. Won't be long now before we see a lot more from him.

There's a theme on this forum that people are far too quick to jump on a new signings early form, so that somewhere down the line they can claim that they saw it from the start. How about giving the lad some time to settle and seeing if he can put these sporadic decent performances into a good run of form? Shit loads were proved wrong with Fernandinho and I hope and expect the same to happen with Mangala.

Overall he played well last night but at times when we were chasing the game he was a bit too eager to press players into midfield consequently leaving a big gap behind him. His distribution was good but he seemed to be trying to force it towards the end. Both of these things are probably a symptom of youth and wanting to impress so he has to be given the benefit of the doubt. Tbh, I don’t think we can judge him until next season really. Demichellis had seen it and done it by the time he arrived with us but it still took him 6 months to properly get up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.