Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

SilvaSurfer said:
robbieh said:
Despite all the idiots in the media giving this lad a hard time, it has seemed obvious to me that he is a real talent. When we look back on his career at City I will be surprised if he isn't rated higher than Vinny. Already looks to be a better passer, he's quicker and already looks pretty unfazed.

Is that you Eliaquim??

I think it's fair to say he showed more positive signs last night but might be a bit early for such bold claims that his City career will be rated more highly than Vinnys.
His passing from the back is something I've not seen from any defender. Wait until next season. Those two together at the back, City will be so much stronger

Might be just me but I didn't think he was great the other night. He had a good game, but I was worried every time he went near the ball, and he still went rushing out a few times and gave away too many free kicks, one of which was their equaliser. Also chose the wrong option when playing out, giving it to Fernando under pressure from 3 men for instance. This happened a few times. He also very nearly got caught in possession a couple of times (even in the first 10 seconds). Saying that, and given how awkward he can look with a ball at his feet, he does some brilliant long, diagonal passes (and for the goal against QPR). I am very confident he will become a top defender for us, maybe even by this time next year, but right now I think Demichelis is the better option.

Will improve further with a run of games alongside vinny! You can't get an understanding with someone when it gets chopped and changed every game or two!

mansour's tow ropes said:
Might be just me but I didn't think he was great the other night. He had a good game, but I was worried every time he went near the ball, and he still went rushing out a few times and gave away too many free kicks, one of which was their equaliser. Also chose the wrong option when playing out, giving it to Fernando under pressure from 3 men for instance. This happened a few times. He also very nearly got caught in possession a couple of times (even in the first 10 seconds). Saying that, and given how awkward he can look with a ball at his feet, he does some brilliant long, diagonal passes (and for the goal against QPR). I am very confident he will become a top defender for us, maybe even by this time next year, but right now I think Demichelis is the better option.

I agree with this.

As expected he is getting slated by the "experts." I actually thought he was very good today after his great performance against Bayern. The first yellow was a bit soft, but can't argue too much about it. I think we have a really good player on our hands. What an athlete!

I thought he had a very good game and had little option but to get that booking, of which he was incredibly close to getting the ball. He had to go for the tackle then, otherwise the lad was getting into the box and we'd be in real trouble. Just a shame for him that he'd already picked up an innocuous booking earlier, but at CB that sort of thing can happen. While on the pitch Southampton barely had a sniff, I doubt Pelle has been that quiet all season.

Nice to see him and Kompany taking in turns to attack the near post at corners, it looked incredibly dangeorus in that second half.

I had rather have him fouling then waiting in the box waiting for things to unfold. Looked great today. I do think he could have got the ball without getting the second yellow but it was important to somehow stop Long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.