Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Excellent performance from the lad last night, used his pace well to stop Bayern breaking our line (they had 0 corners to our 6) some great long passing out of defence to set us away on the attack and while he's been slagged off for conceding that free kick, he made the right decision to foul Lewandowski rather than let him through on goal.

Stoned Rose said:
Looked the fucking dogs last night IMO.

I just hope he doesn't think he only has to play well against the big boys.

Hopefully as he matures he'll add consistency to his game. Looks like we might have a big game player on our hands with a bit of luck

bobbyowenquiff said:
Thought he was excellent last night not that the morons in the media have a clue

Just like Demichelis the press love having a pop at any of our central defenders not named Vincent Kompany. No doubt at all Mangala will come good. He and Kompany can form a rock of a defensive base. Still need a left back who won't consistently hang him out to dry but he's got potential in abundance.

robbieh said:
Despite all the idiots in the media giving this lad a hard time, it has seemed obvious to me that he is a real talent. When we look back on his career at City I will be surprised if he isn't rated higher than Vinny. Already looks to be a better passer, he's quicker and already looks pretty unfazed.

Is that you Eliaquim??

I think it's fair to say he showed more positive signs last night but might be a bit early for such bold claims that his City career will be rated more highly than Vinnys.

He certainly played well last night and used his strength, pace, power and passing ability to good effect.

Also thinking about Jerome Boateng and how pedestrian he looked when we had him, if he can hold down a place at the heart of Bayern's defence, I'm sure that when Mangala the Mangler has had time to settle in and with the right coaching he can do the same with us.

bobbyowenquiff said:
Thought he was excellent last night not that the morons in the media have a clue

they dont write what they really think, they wright whatever pleases the masses.

the boy can play, his best game since chelsea and a sign of whats to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.