Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

He did well last night. My gripe is that the team expected him to be a playmaker as well, giving him the ball and expecting precision balls through the middle up to the strikers. Surely that's the midfielders job. Just seems like an added pressure for the lad too me.

Amazing how much better he plays when Clichy isn't all over the fucking place. I thought he was outstanding, barely put a foot wrong against one of the best attacks in world football. He covers ground better than any CB I've seen, once he gets running he glides. On a couple of occasions Robben had a chance to get in a race with him with no cover in front and plenty of space behind, which had it been a normal CB would of been huge trouble, but Robben just ended up slowing down, knowing he couldn't just kick and run into the space behind him. Once he's settled and we get some kind of consistency from a LB, then he could absolutely dominate teams. It's only once he starts trying to do too much and do other peoples jobs that he can start to look a big ragged.

Bluep*ss said:
ell said:
What impressed me the most last night when he was pinging balls to Navas left and right foot. Brilliant range of passing on the lad.

Seen the Indy gave him a 4/10, I thought he was one of our better players last night, although prone to a few mistakes hes only young and playing in a defence that has struggled regardless since Barry left.

Some very poor ratings in the MUEN - Mangala 5 ? - thought he had a very good game last night.

Yes but that rating was probably put in before the match just lazy journalism

Was excellent yesterday. I thought he did better than Vinny overall. Stupid tackle in front of the box, but made some brilliant ones as well and as a poster above mentioned, he handled Robben very very well.

Did a great job of using his pace and getting back to where he needed to be when we would lose possession. Had some excellent blocks of shots/crosses. Looked like he played with great urgency and kept a good attitude when a lot of the lads seemed deflated in the middle of the second half.

It will take a while for him to truly sort out his partnership with Vinny, but he looks like he has the tools to be outstanding.

He'll come good at defending but I still don't like to see him with the ball if any of opposition players are around. Some Lesscott flashes appear immediately.

Despite all the idiots in the media giving this lad a hard time, it has seemed obvious to me that he is a real talent. When we look back on his career at City I will be surprised if he isn't rated higher than Vinny. Already looks to be a better passer, he's quicker and already looks pretty unfazed.

robbieh said:
Despite all the idiots in the media giving this lad a hard time, it has seemed obvious to me that he is a real talent. When we look back on his career at City I will be surprised if he isn't rated higher than Vinny. Already looks to be a better passer, he's quicker and already looks pretty unfazed.

I think this is a possibility. Just needs time, the ability is there.

May take a couple of seasons or more before he really reaches the top level but one day I recon we will have a top cb for many years. I'm sure there will be more tragi-comedy moments to come, but he has 100% of the raw material to work with, wheras most of our recent cb signings don't even have 50% of what's required, yet people expect they would suddenly find it from somewhere.

All this lad needs is to learn a bit more about the game & the team, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.