Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Not his fault for the sending off, that was Yaya. Mangala's pace was a bugs dick away from bailing us out. Hoddle and co slating him is predictable just don't rise to it. Support the lad if he comes good he will come very fucking good

For me the problem was his first yellow, it was a silly challenge and an unnecessary booking other than that he is starting to get used to the team and is looking better.

moomba said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
943054332.jpg

There is criticism and there is taking the piss. People who take the piss out of our players shouldnt get the benefit of our hospitality in future.

Thought he did very well today until Yaya threw him a hand grenade.

Where was that from?

Just seen this on Mailonline, what the fuck is that all about? I think Mangala committed 3 fouls in 75 minutes and guess what, he got booked for two of them. I honestly thought the lad had a decent game, same on Wednesday, but it seems he has become the focus of certain sections of the media who are desperate not to let him settle. Hopefully Martin Demachelis will sit him down and have a quiet word and reassure him because they tried the same tactics with him last season.

BigOscar said:
moomba said:

There is criticism and there is taking the piss. People who take the piss out of our players shouldnt get the benefit of our hospitality in future.

Where was that from?
That is surely Neil "look at me, I'm the real story" Ashton in the Mail.

Correct, Sir!

175420386.jpg

I'm off to give him both barrels on Twitter.

372783249.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/neilashton_" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/neilashton_</a>

BigOscar said:
moomba said:

Where was that from?
That is surely Neil "look at me, I'm the real story" Ashton in the Mail.

Correct, Sir!

175420386.jpg

I'm off to give him both barrels on Twitter.

372783249.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/neilashton_" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/neilashton_</a>
Should be an investigation into how this cnut steals a living as a journalist...

Mangala played well apart from the first rash challenge. The sending off was Ya Ya's fault. The press will always put as negative spin on our performances. On Wednesday it was "Bayern only had 10 men" but today there will be no mention of our "ten-man" performance. No criticism of Chelsea either. We can use the siege mentality, just like we have done for the past 3 years.

He's improving, had a solid game against Bayern too.

He wasn't at fault for the red, Yaya shouldn't have dallied on the ball. If Mangala doesn't make that tackle then we likely concede, I didn't see his first yellow so I can't comment.

He's an easy target with the price tag and unknown about him, I can see him becoming brilliant however.

Excellent contrarian indicator when mugs like Ashton are coming out with this kind of narrative-based, prejudged nonsense. Demichelis is just the most recent example of it at City but there are loads of others (Koscielny would be another example, actually). Interestingly, Kompany benefits from this same unthinking rubbish (in that he doesn't ever get criticism, even when at fault).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.