Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

jimmygrimblesboots said:
mangala was very good today , couple of rash challenges cost him , and yaya owes him big time , he took one for the team today ,no doubt the media will have a field day , but we have got a diamond of a player.
Saw it against Chelsea, Bayern, and a few times against QPR. He has the physical capabilities and such a degree of comfort on the ball that tell me he is the real deal and as he gains more experience of the prem will simply go from strength to strength.

chaddblue said:
grim up north said:
chaddblue said:
Yaya's fault the goal and that's not a criticism of him as he played well

Mangala had to do something. Honest challenge for the ball which some refs might have waved away

.?

Wasn't clear cut to me. Could have been seen as a shoulder charge which I thought was allowed (unless I'm still on 1970's rules!?!)
For me it was a foul, nothing more. Thought maybe he might go for DOGSO but that wasnt really a possibility looking at the replay.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
mangala was very good today , couple of rash challenges cost him , and yaya owes him big time , he took one for the team today ,no doubt the media will have a field day , but we have got a diamond of a player.
fully agree players don't settle straight away especially when they come for a shed load but I have every confidence he will go on to be a top quality centre half

the most pleasing aspect i like about mangala appart from his physicality is that hes a ball playing cb and make passes unlike lescott or nasty and thats why with time he,ll prove a perfect fit for us all top teams in europe have ball playing cb,s

He deserves this season to settle in. He is only 23 and he was bought for longer term thinking in mind. I have no doubts he'll improve. The amount of flak hes getting off everyone because they saw he got sent off is ridiculous though. At the end of the day we won the game whereas Long might of score had Mangala let him. If it was in the 1st half and he did that challenge it may of been a different situation with so much of the game left.

Took one for the team today.
Ya ya (not for the first time) put the defence under pressure by losing possession, had Long gone through he would have had a decent angle on goal to put a shot away, Kompany wasn't going to necessarily make the block.

Confident and good on the ball, good at going forward in dangerous at set pieces... Clumsy at times today, needs to watch vinny about timing a tackle, think if you had 2 defenders like mandala you would leave defence open and give a lot away... Once he settles in and learns off vinny and DM he will be good.

Daily Fail gave him a 1/10 today. Bit fucking harsh.

Eliaquim Mangala: There should be an investigation by the Fraud Office into this guy cost £32m. Unforgivable to pay this amount. It seems impossible on the evidence so far. Sent off. Dreadful.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2854935/Southampton-0-3-Manchester-City-PLAYER-RATINGS-Vincent-Kompany-class-Eliaquim-Mangala-simply-dreadful.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... adful.html</a>

In the Spurs v Everton game a virtually identical challenge has been waved away by the ref

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.