Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

I keep wanting to be impressed by Mangala. But, he is a limited player. He's similar to Micah Richards, but more clumsy, if more athletic. He will have occasional good games, but he's not worth £32 million.

mammutly said:
I keep wanting to be impressed by Mangala. But, he is a limited player. He's similar to Micah Richards, but more clumsy, if more athletic. He will have occasional good games, but he's not worth £32 million.

He's 23 years old and defenders tend to improve with age. Judge his worth in 10 years time. Rio Ferdinand wasn't worth £30m when United signed him, he had more than paid that off by the time they ditched him. Ditto Pepe (£24m-ish) at Real Madrid, who was a bit of a calamity in his first season.

malg said:
spacecadet said:
JustAnotherCityFan said:
Daily Fail gave him a 1/10 today. Bit fucking harsh.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2854935/Southampton-0-3-Manchester-City-PLAYER-RATINGS-Vincent-Kompany-class-Eliaquim-Mangala-simply-dreadful.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... adful.html</a>
Not clicking it but fuckin' disgraceful.
It's called 'inculcation'. The more they say it, the more it will seep into the psyche of non Man City fans (and some on here) that he is shit, and therefore it will be true.

It seems to work though. Fans of other clubs will mostly not have seen much of us play, except highlights on MOTD & the odd game here & there. Therefore they get told what to think by the media. It's scary how many people I meet, who follow other clubs, come out with the shite about us that they are fed by the media.

Thought he had a great game today besides his clumsy challenges! To be fair yaya dropped him right in the shit and he took one for the team.

The best thing the city fans could do is get right behind mangala on sat and sing his name. I have had my doubts about him - it would be wrong of me to say otherwise - but he has shown enough in last 3 games to show he is going to be a decent player for us.

Will he be banned for 1 game or 2? His second yellow today was his fifth of the season. Anyone know the rules regarding this?

It's worth reading the article in the Fail for the comments. Even a rag has posted a comment laughing at the puerile musings of Neil "Gash" Ashton

I'm going to stick my neck out & say he will be one of the best CB's in the world in 2 -3 years. All the people saying he is shit can bookmark this. The lad is still very young, he will start to reach his peak in 2- 3 years & when he does we could potentially get years out of him.

I don't understand the criticism aimed at him. I genuinely think he played well against bayern and today. The sending off was all Yaya's fault (although I thought yaya had his best game in a very long time). Give the boy a chance. There is a reason we paid good money for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.