Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

OB1 said:
mammutly said:
I keep wanting to be impressed by Mangala. But, he is a limited player. He's similar to Micah Richards, but more clumsy, if more athletic. He will have occasional good games, but he's not worth £32 million.

Remind us which player you were totally wrong about last season.

I agree that he isn't worth £32m. I don't think he is similar to Richards though.

I think we have overpaid and that for potential the fee should be no higher than £15-20m. He may come good and has shown signs in recent games that he will, but it's still a lot of money to spend on potential, especially at the back.

Thought Mangala played brilliantly .... some journo including Neil Ashton gave him 1/10 for today's performance!?!

Unbelievable... Mangala is adapting quickly and playing really well... All he did today was take one for the team and get us out of Yaya's fuck up.

Vinny and Mangala our 2 main CBs all the way!! But I do love Demichellis... irreplaceable!

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
OB1 said:
mammutly said:
I keep wanting to be impressed by Mangala. But, he is a limited player. He's similar to Micah Richards, but more clumsy, if more athletic. He will have occasional good games, but he's not worth £32 million.

I agree that he isn't worth £32m. I don't think he is similar to Richards though.

I think we have overpaid and that for potential the fee should be no higher than £15-20m. He may come good and has shown signs in recent games that he will, but it's still a lot of money to spend on potential, especially at the back.

Dear me... the shit from our fans sometimes... please remember where we came from and probably more importantly we support ALL our players when they pull on the blue shirt...

To be frank, Mangala was the best defender on the pitch today and was heavily involved in keeping the line strong...

Thought he had a solid game today. Unlucky to get two yellows but had no choice for the second one.
I think he will turn out to be a very good player for us as long as Pellegrini keeps faith in him. He is big, quick and has excellent passing ability for a defender. Just needs to settle down a bit as tends to make the odd rash decision which so far has come back to bite him on a few occasions.
Difference between him and someone like Nasty is Mangala is much more aggressive and puts his neck on the line a little bit too much at present. Once he curbs this he will be one of the top defenders in the league.

SuperSilva said:
OB1 said:

Dear me... the shit from our fans sometimes... please remember where we came from and probably more importantly we support ALL our players when they pull on the blue shirt...

To be frank, Mangala was the best defender on the pitch today and was heavily involved in keeping the line strong...

He was good today but I still don't think he is worth £32m. He may be one day but it's a lot of cash to spend on a defender that is still raw around the edges. Clichy was the best defender for us today.

OB1 said:
mammutly said:

I hadn't really thought about the potential aspect before reading yours and lovecitys posts. I suppose for the money and aged 23, I expected more of the finished article. Maybe that's unrealistic.

Did absolutely nothing wrong before the sending off.He's clearly not the finished article. He needs to improve his concentration and decision-making to fulfil his enormous potential but there was enough today (and against QPR & Bayern) to give grounds for optimism.

I would like to ask Neil Ashton what mark he would have given him if he'd not been sent off. To base the 1/10 rating on that alone, as I suspect he has, shows an astonishing lack of journalistic professionalism even by his rather poor standards.

SuperSilva said:
OB1 said:

The old "get behind ALL our players argument" only tends to get an airing from people who haven't quite grasped the fact that this is a discussion forum.

Just coming back to the 1/10 does he not think if one of our centre backs was anywhere near as bad as that we would have conceded at least 1? To give a centre back a 1/10 and the team to keep a clean sheet is pure idocticy

mammutly said:
SuperSilva said:

The old "get behind ALL our players argument" only tends to get an airing from people who haven't quite grasped the fact that this is a discussion forum.

Yep and because its a forum, I can say... "get behind ALL our fans"... otherwise would just have to listen and agree with you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.