Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

I love him. When he matures, he will be outstanding. Defenders at his age are normally quite raw. Even at an older age Hummels is prone to clangers. Look at the Bayern pair or Pique. Even our own Vinny is often over zealous and rash at time. Demichellis at his level of experience has lapses of idiocy.

So I'm inclined to give Mangala a break. A few acts of over aggression early in his career won't hurt much. As has been said, a few teams see us a soft touch. If I were a striker I'd stay as far away from Mangala as possible. Ask Diego Costa if he enjoyed his afternoon against Mangala.

We have seen what the media have tried to do to some of our players. Demichellis was treated disgracefully. Once De Jong broke Ben Arfa's leg, his days in England were numbered.
Ballotelli never had a chance, Nasri has never been appreciated.

We need to get behind this kid. It's obvious he's trying too hard to impress so if he's feeling loved, I assume that would build his confidence. Perhaps a fun chant that brings fans and player together, like the Balotelli one.

schfc6 said:
I love him. When he matures, he will be outstanding. Defenders at his age are normally quite raw. Even at an older age Hummels is prone to clangers. Look at the Bayern pair or Pique. Even our own Vinny is often over zealous and rash at time. Demichellis at his level of experience has lapses of idiocy.

So I'm inclined to give Mangala a break. A few acts of over aggression early in his career won't hurt much. As has been said, a few teams see us a soft touch. If I were a striker I'd stay as far away from Mangala as possible. Ask Diego Costa if he enjoyed his afternoon against Mangala.

We have seen what the media have tried to do to some of our players. Demichellis was treated disgracefully. Once De Jong broke Ben Arfa's leg, his days in England were numbered.

We need to get behind this kid. It's obvious he's trying too hard to impress so if he's feeling loved, I assume that would build his confidence. Perhaps a fun chant that brings fans and player together, like the Balotelli one.
Great post... Not worried about him at all, he will be awesome for us

2bluejacko said:
schfc6 said:

Agree too.
A bit raw at the moment but bags of ability.
Rare to see a young CD so comfortable on the ball.

Burtonblue said:
2bluejacko said:
schfc6 said:

Agree too.
A bit raw at the moment but bags of ability.
Rare to see a young CD so comfortable on the ball.

he has bags of confidence, like that in him.

The thing I am noticing is that he isn't afraid to try a thirty or forty yard ball to get an attack going and not just look for the easy pass out to the full back or a few yards forward to Fernando. That to me says he is a footballer.

ifiwasarichfan said:
The thing I am noticing is that he isn't afraid to try a thirty or forty yard ball to get an attack going and not just look for the easy pass out to the full back or a few yards forward to Fernando. That to me says he is a footballer.

he's a footballer alright. time will show the doubters up.

tommybooth said:
Whipping boy for the media. It was Martin last season.
Problem is, like Martin this time last season, he isn't doing himself any favours. And hopefully, again like Martin, he will develop as the season goes on and cuts out the rash challenges.

Pearcey said:
Thought Mangala played well against Everton.

Apart from that horrible tackle and one situation when he was caught in possession quite stupidly, I agree. Actually, he was excellent apart from that, not that our defence had that much work to do.

The thing I maybe like the most in him is how his simple hoofed clearances eventually end up as great passes. I don't think it's just random luck, because it happens most of the time and even in the youtube vids from his time in Porto, this seemed like a usual contribution in his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.