Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Everton came for a fight and they got one. Right from the first minute they were in our faces, unafraid to make fouls. Mirallas on Zabba was the first one I recall. Mangala and Fernando should both have been sent off but we got a bit of good fortune this time, about time too. I'm glad we're willing to stand up for ourselves and give it back.

KippaxCitizen said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I remain convinced that mangala and kompany are going to be the strongest centre half pairing in Europe.
I already think Kompany and Demichelis are #2 behind Godin and Miranda. So it won't be hard to achieve.

Pepe and Ramos
Pique and Mascherano
Benatia and Boateng
aren't exactly Beresi and Costacurta are they?

Cahill and Terry aren't as good as people think, it's more Mourinho's team defensive tactics that make Chelsea a good defensive unit. Hummels and Subotić are a good pairing but I don't think Subotić has improved much from when he first came on the scene. I actually think Socrates is just as good.

In a defensive minded tactical team, Kompany and Demichelis wouldn't be touched by anyone.

What about Jones and Smalling?

If you actually watch what Mangala does on the pitch and ignore pricks giving him 1/10 in shitty tabloids then it's fairly obvious he'll make it as one of the best. He's got fantastic pace, power technique and his reading of the game is generally pretty good. He's prone to the odd mistake at the minute but I suspect he could coast through the Portuguese league, once he's used to the intensity of the league and doesn't feel the need to prove himself he'll be awesome.

kenzie115 said:
Everton came for a fight and they got one. Right from the first minute they were in our faces, unafraid to make fouls. Mirallas on Zabba was the first one I recall. Mangala and Fernando should both have been sent off but we got a bit of good fortune this time, about time too. I'm glad we're willing to stand up for ourselves and give it back.

This, we've been to nice in the past and thats why teams think they can kick the shit out of us. Time to get nasty, them red c*nts have been doing it for years and chelsea are a dirty team.

lancs blue said:
dennishasdoneit said:
lancs blue said:
For £32m Mangala is incredibly raw - he's got ability and potential, no doubt about that but the silly fouls need to be coached out of him before he really costs us in a big game. There's no point in bringing fucking Souness into this, we're not playing in the 1970s, Souness would have been suspended for half the season if he was doing that in the modern game.

Did you see Barrys assault on Milner ...yesterday,not the 70s.?
Not highlighted anywhere.at all...oh well, good old bazza eh?
you wont find soft arse everton fans saying ooh barry, you could be suspended for half a season you know...and you probably missed their lots own violence at the end of the game both inside and outside the ground...ooh fellow scouser,you could get us banned for half a season you know.
for crying out loud.

Bit pointless us spending millions on skilled players when you'd rather see us kicking the opposition off the park.

FYI I didn't have a clear view of the Barry/Milner incident and it wasn't shown on MOTD so I can't comment on it but I did see Mangala on Eto'o.

pudge said:
City player with disgraceful "tackle"

Fans can't call him out for it.

Got it now, may as well delete the posts then.

I believe the official name for this is "RAWK Syndrome". ;-)

I didn't go yesterday so had the pleasure of watching on the TV and listening to the shit commentary.

The Barry one was definitely a booking at least and could have been a red. As he had already been booked for another ugly challenge, he should have gone. I was a bit disappointed in Barry yesterday. Over aggressive when there was no need to be. Probably pissed off that he wasn't good enough to still be part of this instead of mid table scraps at Everton.

Mangala one was worse than Fernando for me although both were poor. Mangala needs to calm down in general. He is very gung-ho in his playing style. He has lots of potential and ability but really needs to start channelling it the right way. Silly first half bookings are not good in this league when your are a CB. He did well to regain his composure after that rush of blood and a lot of that is down to Yaya having a word for me.

de niro said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I remain convinced that mangala and kompany are going to be the strongest centre half pairing in Europe.

and me.

I've seen enough from him to know that he is going to come good. I'm behind the lad.

de niro said:
Didsbury Dave said:

and me.

x2

Not many top centre backs around atm let alone partnerships so if Mangala comes even close to Vinnie's level we're sorted.

Mangala looks quality .
I don't care what the turdy press think of him .
We have had some really rubbish centre backs . But i know Mangala won't be 1 of them .

Mangala is doing the exact same as Demichelis last year - playing a solid game but the single mistake he has made in each game has gotten magnified. He'll be flying in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.