Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

I think he's going to be brilliant. Support him ffs. Thought the days of City fans going out of their way to destroy our own were largely over?

Tackle wasn't even as bad as Barry's elbow in the same game. Get over it.

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
pudge said:
Marvin said:
You think he tried to kick the player when the corner's coming into him? He's entirely focussed on the ball and caught him by accident
He had his foot above waist high (for absolutely no reason whatsoever), arms up and out in front of his head and his head down. No chance he was focussed on the ball, in fact it was impossible.

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4NMPobCUAActLp.jpg[/bigimg]

well said

ludicrous challenge that could easily have resulted in a red card

thing is, if he chops down someone who is heading through for goal and gets sent off you sort of accept it, albeit reluctantly, as taking one for the team

getting sent off for a stupid thing like that challenge on Eto would be just plain daft

I would have thought only crooked journos would come up with a frozen pic-frame of an incident to badmouth one of our very own player.

This pic doesn't tell the hole story.

Look at the slow-mow bellow, you can clearly see that Eliaquim is focusing on the ball, and only the ball.
Then, i agree that the execution of his acrobatics can bee seen as a brain fart; but nothing deliberate.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo6_2NkWy4c[/video]

With a good run-in this year, the lad will come good; and with experience, he will become world class.

City player with disgraceful "tackle"

Fans can't call him out for it.

Got it now, may as well delete the posts then.

pudge said:

Same lot were screaming for a tackle aka Kung Fu kick from Skrtel, this was similar.

Anyone who thinks Mangala's challenge wasn't worthy of a red card is just plain daft. Studs showing above waste line............

lancs blue said:
For £32m Mangala is incredibly raw - he's got ability and potential, no doubt about that but the silly fouls need to be coached out of him before he really costs us in a big game. There's no point in bringing fucking Souness into this, we're not playing in the 1970s, Souness would have been suspended for half the season if he was doing that in the modern game.

Did you see Barrys assault on Milner ...yesterday,not the 70s.?
Not highlighted anywhere.at all...oh well, good old bazza eh?
you wont find soft arse everton fans saying ooh barry, you could be suspended for half a season you know...and you probably missed their lots own violence at the end of the game both inside and outside the ground...ooh fellow scouser,you could get us banned for half a season you know.
for crying out loud.

I loved seeing both Mangala and Fernados fouls yesterday, its about time we hsd a couple of players not afraid of dishing it out, as long as they remember to their heads at the right time I dont have too much of an issue.

both could have been reds but they weren't so im not going to lise any sleep over it, you have to trust the staff and team to manage them.

in truth though we have seen Terry, Keane, rug head and others do just the same over the years

abu13 said:
I loved seeing both Mangala and Fernados fouls yesterday, its about time we hsd a couple of players not afraid of dishing it out, as long as they remember to their heads at the right time I dont have too much of an issue.

both could have been reds but they weren't so im not going to lise any sleep over it, you have to trust the staff and team to manage them.

in truth though we have seen Terry, Keane, rug head and others do just the same over the years

And it was nice to see Fernando and others dish it out against red scouse earlier this season too.... great to see City battle and put their foot in this season,laying down markers for any clever cnuts who want to mix it at the Etihad this season-we have recently proved that winning the title back to back is not at all easy-tikka taka and back heel flicks are not the order of the day when the going gets tough in central midfield.Manuel clearly appreciates this and has drilled his players accordingly.... i for one am pleased about that..For far too long i have seen Manchester City ,my club, be the soft arses who collapse like a pack of cards as soon as the going gets rugged.For those of us expecting Chelsea to attempt to out -pass and cushion volley their way to the title, you may be in for a shock..Messrs Costa,Drogba,Terry and Cahill are hardened ,experienced and clever professionals.

We need to match that, back our own, in the ground and out if we want to keep that title.

Compare Nasri last night to Nasri 5 years ago on any away ground...

Silk and steel is the way forward..our manager and most of our players are aware of this already.

dennishasdoneit said:
lancs blue said:
For £32m Mangala is incredibly raw - he's got ability and potential, no doubt about that but the silly fouls need to be coached out of him before he really costs us in a big game. There's no point in bringing fucking Souness into this, we're not playing in the 1970s, Souness would have been suspended for half the season if he was doing that in the modern game.

Did you see Barrys assault on Milner ...yesterday,not the 70s.?
Not highlighted anywhere.at all...oh well, good old bazza eh?
you wont find soft arse everton fans saying ooh barry, you could be suspended for half a season you know...and you probably missed their lots own violence at the end of the game both inside and outside the ground...ooh fellow scouser,you could get us banned for half a season you know.
for crying out loud.

Bit pointless us spending millions on skilled players when you'd rather see us kicking the opposition off the park.

FYI I didn't have a clear view of the Barry/Milner incident and it wasn't shown on MOTD so I can't comment on it but I did see Mangala on Eto'o.

pudge said:

I believe the official name for this is "RAWK Syndrome". ;-)

Didsbury Dave said:
I remain convinced that mangala and kompany are going to be the strongest centre half pairing in Europe.
I already think Kompany and Demichelis are #2 behind Godin and Miranda. So it won't be hard to achieve.

Pepe and Ramos
Pique and Mascherano
Benatia and Boateng
aren't exactly Beresi and Costacurta are they?

Cahill and Terry aren't as good as people think, it's more Mourinho's team defensive tactics that make Chelsea a good defensive unit. Hummels and Subotić are a good pairing but I don't think Subotić has improved much from when he first came on the scene. I actually think Socrates is just as good.

In a defensive minded tactical team, Kompany and Demichelis wouldn't be touched by anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.