Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Love_Each_Day said:
Oblivious to players making diagonal runs behind him. Porto must not have had to deal with teams attacking in any great number as he's unsure which threat to focus on most of the time. Made a few good clearances though.

The problem today was that Clichy was terrible. This meant Mangala was getting swamped.

Love_Each_Day said:
Oblivious to players making diagonal runs behind him. Porto must not have had to deal with teams attacking in any great number as he's unsure which threat to focus on most of the time. Made a few good clearances though.
Just adapting to the offside trap we play. Most team track runners instead of just jumping to the 18 yard line and hoping the other team doesn't time their pass right. He's fighting the defenders natural instinct to track runners in behind him and isn't quite perfect yet.

Does some good things but currently at a ratio of 1:3 to the mistakes he makes. However does look forward occasionally unlike MD who always goes backwards when he has the ball. At least Mangala had an assist for the first tonight.

Seems that many posters on here just think that if you pay 30 mil, no matter who they are or what position they play or what system they are used to, you are just crap if you don't perform from the off.

MDM took time to settle in a seasoned defender, Garcia was the same. I could least numerous players we have signed down the years who did the very same.

Not good enough atm. Don't have much choice with VK out, and I'm not saying get rid. But not good enough right now.

kp789 said:
Seems that many posters on here just think that if you pay 30 mil, no matter who they are or what position they play or what system they are used to, you are just crap if you don't perform from the off.

MDM took time to settle in a seasoned defender, Garcia was the same. I could least numerous players we have signed down the years who did the very same.

But why then when MDM was arguably one of our top 3 performers in the second half of last season and with VK made us very hard to beat, would you replace him with someone who might come good in a year.

Central defence is a key position in the side and you can't take risks. Bizarrely we seem to throw him in to all the away games. Surely the safest place to blood a new player is at home.

Nightmare Walking said:
Love_Each_Day said:

The problem today was that Clichy was terrible. This meant Mangala was getting swamped.

That's definitely part of the problem, it's strange as Clichy used to be obsessed with tucking in as close to the centre back as he could, these days there are big spaces between him and the centre back. Still think Mangala needs to be more alive to what's going on around him, one Austin move in behind was similar to the run Musa made for CSKA that resulted in a goal. Hopefully just an experience thing as some of his last ditch clearances show he can read the game.

We are forgetting that he's been playing next to Clichy, arguably the worst full back in the League. I thought that today, on the ball he was poor and gave the ball away a lot. Defending wise however I thought he played well

kp789 said:

Didn't pay 32mil for Garcia or MD. Could have nearly had any centre back in the world for that price...yet we bought a player who has zero positional sense..fucking zero. Don't give me the "he had great game against Chelsea bull, Chelsea never came at us and Kompany let Costa know very early who was boss by the left touchline.If we think he'll come good we may aswell bring Micah back and wait for eternity again for him too to learn the basics. Rekik and Nastasic are younger and better now than this lad ever will be. Just watch his two clangers for first goal. He's crap, I thought it before we signed him, and nothing's changed that...he was playing this bad anytime I saw him last year after we became interested

I did not think Mangala and MDM were the problem tonight. It was the poor perfomances of Sagna and Clichy which contributed to our downfall. If your full backs are none existent and your defensive midfilerder too slow on the ball, what chances do you centre backs have when players are coming at you from all angles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.