Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kompany did exactly the same when he came on. Lost Gomis only for another top save by Joe to pull him out of the Shit. Mangala will be awesome next season.

N.B. That's the worst goal celebration ever from Gomi!! proper cringeworthy!!

He is hugely suspect as a defender. I looked and hoped for a spark or some hint of future greatness but I'm sorry but its just not there. You can coach certain skills but basic awareness and feel for the game is a gift in great players. We were done over on the price put this one down to Txiki.

Mangala is totally shit. Demi is past it.

Funny thing tho - that was the 13th league game Mang and Demi have started together. The record now is Won 10 Drawn3 Lost 0. It's fucking shit that - if we had bought a couple of decent defenders and Pelle played a sensible decent defensive system I bet we would have won all 13.

In total Mangala has started 23 league games now. Our record when he starts has been Won 17 Drawn 4 Lost 2. That's fucking shit as well and only 2.39 points per game.

nellyonthewing said:
He is hugely suspect as a defender. I looked and hoped for a spark or some hint of future greatness but I'm sorry but its just not there. You can coach certain skills but basic awareness and feel for the game is a gift in great players. We were done over on the price put this one down to Txiki.

Then, and I never, ever really say this to somebody, you know absolutely nothing about football.

I'm not saying that he will be definitely great (though I think he will) but the raw potential is absolutely as clear as day. It's amazing to me that somebody could possibly watch him and not see it.

His alcoholic twin played after a three day bender I see today!

Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:

Funny thing tho - that was the 13th league game Mang and Demi have started together. The record now is Won 10 Drawn3 Lost 0. It's fucking shit that - if we had bought a couple of decent defenders and Pelle played a sensible decent defensive system I bet we would have won all 13.

In total Mangala has started 23 league games now. Our record when he starts has been Won 17 Drawn 4 Lost 2. That's fucking shit as well and only 2.39 points per game.

Stats aside, they both had poor games today. He is not as bad as some make out but not as good as other say either. Hart saved the defenders today.

I hope a longer pre season and a coming to terms with the pace of the league is what he needs because today's perfomance was in character and consisted of dyer robbing him with a 95/5 ball down the channel, getting under the ball for the 2nd goal and a completely unnecessary challenge that should have resulted in a penalty as the final whistle went. The former seems to happen most games where he should be in control and has loads of time but allows the ball to bounce and gets caught on the ball.

Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:

They can't be that fucking bad can they. Ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.