Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thesilvalining said:
callumcity said:
BLUEisville said:
CBs go for obscene fees nowadays, just no way around that. Look at what PSG spent on David Luiz.

Kompany cost us £6m. I understand he wasn't a star defender when we bought him, (or even a defender) but neither is Mangala. If we'd got EM for £15m i'd have no qualms, but we paid more than double that when we really should have been a bit more clever with our money.

Also Cahill cost Chelsea £7m, Godin cost Atletico £6m, Ivanovic £9m etc. etc.

You just need to look a bit harder and chance it on somebody. City don't sign any rough diamonds like zabba and vinny anymore they want the real deal straight away which may mean we are missing out on some quality players. Demichelis cost us peanuts and has been brilliant after a shaky few months at the start of his city career. No need to spend that much money on a defender when we already had Vinny, Demi and Nasty. Just needed one more solid option. We could and SHOULD have spent the money on a forward in the summer, either someone like Bony/Costa or someone like Sanchez. Shouldn't have waited till jan with less cash.
The problem is we've actually tried to buy a rough diamond in eliaqium mangala(and failed he's far from a diamond), but still paid the price for a world class defender.

True, there are so many other good young defenders out there that wouldn't have cost £30 + fucking million. For that money we should have bought the finished article. I believe in the long run it wont make much difference because manga will be a top class defender in time, however in the short run we've suffered because we haven't added any quality to the squad this year like chelsea, arsenal, united all have. Could have had Costa, Sanchez, Fabregas, Lukaku, Bony or the trio of Saido Mane, Graziano Pelle and Dusan Tadic added together for what we bought mangala for. We haven't spent wisely at all.

I posted on here that I did not rate him when we signed him and got loads of abuse, I made the point that he was not a good player just because we paid silly money for him, again I got hammered.

His is performing for us exactly how he performed for Porto so I do wonder what our obsession with him was and what scouting went on.

That said with his age we might make a player of him but its difficult to learn your trade in the glare of the PL.

crmcfc said:
I posted on here that I did not rate him when we signed him and got loads of abuse, I made the point that he was not a good player just because we paid silly money for him, again I got hammered.

His is performing for us exactly how he performed for Porto so I do wonder what our obsession with him was and what scouting went on.

That said with his age we might make a player of him but its difficult to learn your trade in the glare of the PL.
I don't really get what point you are trying to make and what Mangala has done wrong.A young lad in a whole new life,who so far after a handful of games,has been outstanding at times and dodgy at times.£32 million is fuck all in football amongst the top teams nowadays .

I'll suggest 2 things, 1) Give new signings time. 2) Don't believe negative bullshit in the papers,especially about our signings !

Thenumber1blue said:
crmcfc said:

I don't really get what point you are trying to make and what Mangala has done wrong.A young lad in a whole new life,who so far after a handful of games,has been outstanding at times and dodgy at times.£32 million is fuck all in football amongst the top teams nowadays .

I'll suggest 2 things, 1) Give new signings time. 2) Don't believe negative bullshit in the papers,especially about our signings !

Yep, I remember some on here initially claiming that Vinny, Zab and De Jong and MDM weren't up to the job.

Davs 19 said:
Thenumber1blue said:
crmcfc said:

Yep, I remember some on here initially claiming that Vinny, Zab and De Jong and MDM weren't up to the job.
And Silva !

Thenumber1blue said:
Davs 19 said:
Thenumber1blue said:

And Silva !

Is true !

How could I forget Spanish Dave ;.)

Thenumber1blue said:
crmcfc said:

Is he really that much better prospect that Nastasic? who we just kicked out for free

Kun and Merlin aside, I don't think we have signed a player and in their first season, we haven't had folk on here claiming how wank they are and that we should get rid only to be made to eat their words soon after.

Patience, the lad will become one of the very best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.