Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Eliaquim was excellent today; it was probably his best game in a City shirt. He hardly put a foot wrong.

On one occasion, he took the ball deep into 'Castle territory and then, when he was no longer in possession, he sprinted back into position alongside Vinnie.

Eli seems to be settling in very nicely and he is performing on a more consistent basis than earlier in the season.

Hopefully, we will continue to see the real Mangala more and more from now on.

Vienna_70 said:
I thought Eliaquim was excellent today; it was probably his best game in a City shirt. He hardly put a foot wrong.

On one occasion, he took the ball deep into 'Castle territory and then, when he was no longer in possession, he sprinted back into position alongside Vinnie.

Eli seems to be settling in very nicely and he is performing on a more consistent basis than earlier in the season.

Agree with this.

Vienna_70 said:

No, his best game by far was his debut against Chelsea when he was fucking amazing in (to be fair) a far more important game. I think MP intends to start MDM against Barcelona, but Mangala has made a good case for himself today. Good luck buddy - keep it up!

Looked a player today...buzzing for him. I was cringing at some of his decision making and lack of composure for a while but i think the break he's had has done him good!

lasereyes said:
Vienna_70 said:

No, his best game by far was his debut against Chelsea when he was fucking amazing in (to be fair) a far more important game. I think MP intends to start MDM against Barcelona, but Mangala has made a good case for himself today. Good luck buddy - keep it up!

Yeah, fair enough, I'd forgotten about the Chelsea game.

But to be fair the chavs didn't exactly take the game to us, did they?

Another fine display from him.
One or two shaky moments but generally an impressive,reliable performance.......His energy and enthusiasm are incredible,he was always ready to cover for the incompetent Kolarov.......regardless of the stupid price tag,its easy to forget what a huge move this was for him,and confidence is still a big factor in his play....... but that game will certainly have done it no harm.

I'm a big fan.

FantasyIreland said:
One or two shaky moments but generally an impressive,reliable performance.......His energy and enthusiasm are incredible,he was always ready to cover for the incompetent Kolarov.......regardless of the stupid price tag,its easy to forget what a huge move this was for him,and confidence is still a big factor in his play....... but that game will certainly have done it no harm.

I'm a big fan.

I'm not a big fan, I prefer to just give the lad a chance to settle into the pace of the EPL. He gets better with every game and it could well be next season when we really see the best from him.
So may not be a big fan of him but have a lot of respect for him and confident he will prove to be worth his price tag.

Bluekiwi said:
FantasyIreland said:

I'm a big fan.

I'm not a big fan, I prefer to just give the lad a chance to settle into the pace of the EPL. He gets better with every game and it could well be next season when we really see the best from him.
So may not be a big fan of him but have a lot of respect for him and confident he will prove to be worth his price tag.

He doesn't get better with every game as his best was still his first.........however,his overall composure and confidence is growing and subsequently the mistakes are disappearing,i think the belief he belongs here is becoming apparent.

FantasyIreland said:
Bluekiwi said:
FantasyIreland said:

I'm a big fan.

He doesn't get better with every game as his best was still his first.........however,his overall composure and confidence is growing and subsequently the mistakes are disappearing,i think the belief he belongs here is becoming apparent.
I think he's just settling in and adjusting to our game, just as Demi did last year. It must be remembered that Demi was incredibly erratic still at this point last year, with the pinnacle of the abuse being the Barca game (which was pretty much exactly now). It was only in the second half of the season when he finally settled down, stopped lunging into slide tackles on the half way line, sat back and became consistently excellent. Mangala is a far less experienced player than Martin was and has been playing well most of the time, with isolated bad moments, rather than fundamentally poor play. I can only see him going from strength to strength as he continues to get more used to how premier league strikers play.

I personally bloody love the way he gallops back from corners, I don't think I've seen a player get back so enthusiastically, he eats up the ground. Great to see someone with that attitude and desire to defend

He did good yesterday

Can't remember who it was..may have been Sissoko..but he started running at Eli and he just stood his ground ending in the newcastle player just bouncing off him onto the floor..he wanted a free kick..none given and rightly so..the lad is a unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.