Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Musampa 209 said:
Don't know how we can expect to throw him half way through a game away to the inform side of the prem at the amount and he'll be world class.

Feel sorry for the guy but i'm certain he'll come good when he gets a run

I thought he did OK today, despite coming on when things weren't going well.

He had a very good game against WBA and I, like many others on here, reckoned he should stay in the side for the rest of the season.

So what does Pellegrini do?

He drops him until an injury means he is required.

How the hell can he be expected to progress if his chances are limited by continual rotation/dropping?

Dropping in to say thats probably the worst piece of defending you'll see this season.

Mind-boggling. Truly. It was almost pre-meditated.

Its beyond schoolboy. I'm lost for words how you can get a piece of defending at that level so desperately wrong.

It would be ridiculous from a 16 year old playing sunday league.

To do it at Old Trafford? Words fail me.

LoveCity said:
Pellegrini's tactics would make Cannavaro look bad, I kid you not. Swap Zouma and Mangala, people would be praising Mangala at Chelsea and calling Zouma a disastrous signing for us.

There's truth in that but it doesn't really explain Mangala storming around the pitch (not just today but in all his games). At one point he was alongside Aguero. He should have grown out of that in his mid teens

jauganaut said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Just a friendly reminder that we sold a 21 year old Nastasic for £6,000,000 so we could spend the majority of our transfer budget on this guy. Great business by the board.

I said this so many fucking times. They said I was wrong. Anybody who thinks Mangala is even as good as Nastasic is just not very observant.

Madness. Nasty is 2 or so years younger as well. The deal made no sense at all.

I would go as far as saying I rate Boyata over Mangala. What you saw today from him was absurd and summed up how poor he is. He probably got away with a lot due to his physicality in Portugal but here he looks anything but a quality centre half.

I really don't see the potential or have any hope that this guy is gonna come good for us. He cost nearly 40 million I've heard being quoted recently.

This sort of deal is what really worries me about Txiki. He along with Pellers needs to be moved on this summer as his recruitment has been diabolical not to mention his dealings in moving players on. How much did we get for Tevez? 10p? When you see Schurlle and Luiz going for 80million combined it just highlights what a poor job this guy is doing and I assume is being paid very handsomely to boot.

Robbing a living he's a shambles. Been crap all season long Chelsea aside and doesn't even look like remotely settling into this league. Waste of money

Sky pundits gave him some serious jip post match and it's hard to disagree, pointed out he was all over the shop at the back, charging about, right back, left back, midfield, not much discipline about him and can't be trusted to fill his role in the system....ludicrous breaking of the ranks for their 4th goal.
£40 million, good grief. He's going to have to improve big time for it not to be another Steve Daley signing. Nastasic in his short time here looked a far more disciplined and steady player

I think he will turn out to be a decent defender but we were stupid paying 30m-40m for a defender who wasn't fully developed or experienced enough, his career can still go either way and who is to say he won't get better?

Like Zouma he was a 10m-12m defender with potential.

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Sky pundits gave him some serious jip post match and it's hard to disagree, pointed out he was all over the shop at the back, charging about, right back, left back, midfield, not much discipline about him and can't be trusted to fill his role in the system....ludicrous breaking of the ranks for their 4th goal.
£40 million, good grief. He's going to have to improve big time for it not to be another Steve Daley signing. Nastasic in his short time here looked a far more disciplined and steady player

And it looks like we may now have to rely on him and a rapidly deteriorating Demichellis to keep the goals out in our next two must win games at least.

Apparently though he is going to be world class in about 3 years.

Benarbia said:
Zouma looks twice the player Mangala is and younger

Zouma doesnt look any worse than him currently or as a potential later on. Which is bad for Mangala as he is 3 years older probably but is he 3 years more mature, not at all...

And also Zouma cost 3 times less. Huge business from Chelsea imo once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.