Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cibaman said:
CityFan94 said:
Obviously could have done better with the Smalling goal, but had a decent game otherwise.

It's worth noting yesterday was Mangala's first game in just over 3 weeks. He badly needs a run of games. Chopping and changing him and Demichelis every week clearly isn't helping Mangala settle.

Why you'd buy a £32 million CB and not give him a run of games is beyond me.

Mangala should play every game until the rest of the season.

Pellegrini isnt picking Mangala or Fernando.

During the title run in last year he preferred Garcia to Fernandhino, Dzeko to Negredo. Navas and Jovetic were on the bench.

He doesnt seem that impressed by many of our recent signings.

If you pay £32 million for a centre back, you play him.

To spend that much money on a centre back in a financially-restricted summer only for Demichelis to play ahead of him regularly is madness.

Can't see Vinny playing in the near future, so may as well get 6 games into him now.

Imo Pelle gave a new deal to Demichelis to prevent Kompany-Mangala duo in his final season.
And to be fair Demi-Kompany or the Demi-Mangala duo is better than the Kompany-Mangala.

Needs to be playing and could learn a lot from Demi though to be fair Demi didn't have the best game yesterday. I would also like to see Kompany pushed forward into a defence midfielder role which could help the team out and Mangala whilst he is still learning his trade.

moomba said:
Can't see Vinny playing in the near future, so may as well get 6 games into him now.

Yep, definitely. Even if VK was not inured I'd drop him. He now talks a better game than he plays. If we want a club world wide ambassador fine but his place in the team is untenable in my opinion.

While MdM is not the answer he panics far less than the other defenders.

But overall feel sorry for them all as MP has set up a team that leaves the defence exposed time and time again.

The question for me is that Txiki identified two players we needed to help shore up the defence but Pellegrini then ignores both of them in effect saying I don't rate the two guys you bought me.

robbieh said:
moomba said:

Yep, definitely. Even if VK was not inured I'd drop him. He now talks a better game than he plays. If we want a club world wide ambassador fine but his place in the team is untenable in my opinion.

But overall feel sorry for them all as MP has set up a team that leaves the defence exposed time and time again.

The question for me is that Txiki identified two players we needed to help shore up the defence but Pellegrini then ignores both of them in effect saying I don't rate the two guys you bought me.
Or plays a system that completely stitches the other up, ie Fernando.

robbieh said:
moomba said:

Mr P. may be correct if they cannot integrate quickly into that defence.

The money paid indicates the finished article not a player who has potential. I wish we would give our own kids as much chance to improve as our expensive signings.

Will be disappointed if this guy starts over Denayer next season

I think he will be improve but 32 million is laughable, especially considering the fact he made constant mistakes for Porto last season. Would love to see the reasoning behind our transfer policy the last few seasons.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Will be disappointed if this guy starts over Denayer next season

I think he will be improve but 32 million is laughable, especially considering the fact he made constant mistakes for Porto last season. Would love to see the reasoning behind our transfer policy the last few seasons.

I'll be disappointed if he doesn't.

Would mean that we've blown our dough. Would much rather he comes good after a first year, dominates on the way to a league title and let Denayer take over for Vinny in a few years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.