Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigkatnyc said:
Mancini Manus Domini said:
Take a bow son.

MOTM for me. Physical all day but not overly so. Showed excellent pace. And provided defensive cover all over the pitch today.

I - and Mrs Vienna - made Jesús MotM, but I do agree that Eli had an excellent game and never looked in trouble.

He is strong and powerful and boy, is he quick. I noticed on more than one occasion how fast he can catch an opponent, supposedly in full flight and how quickly he can get back from an attacking corner or free-kick.

Maybe Vinnie's injury will be a blessing in disguise, in that Mangala will now have an extended run - yes, I know it will only be six games plus a half at the swamp - in the team until the end of the season.

And then hopefully, we'll see the real Eliaquim Mangala next term.

Much better today.

He is a decent defender until he decides he wants to go wandering off into midfield.

This run of games with Vinny out could be the making of him at City.

Been playing in a struggling defence but don't believe the media hype. This guy is a good player and has been steadily improving over the season. Still not sure why Pellegrini kept rotating him out of the team until Kompany's injury forced his hand. Our best player today.

sam-caddick said:
Much better today.

He is a decent defender until he decides he wants to go wandering off into midfield.

This run of games with Vinny out could be the making of him at City.

His positional sense will come, no doubt........ A fair few, as per, to look foolish when he starts to consistently dominate. He is taking time to provide that consistency, however, his teacher on the field has been MIA this year.

I also think people forget the job he did late November to Jan, MDM and him were exceptional, pellegrini dropped a bollock big time imo bringing komps back too early, thus denting the KIDS confidence!!!

He would be a great midfielder as well. Not the first time I have thought of that either.

Was impressed with Mangala today, even thought Fernando was good today. Will caveat by saying West Ham were dire but Mangala in particular needs a run in the team.

I think it's telling that with a calm composed CB like Demichelis he's far more sensible. I think he's going to be a star, and although I'd never want to wish injury in one of our own, Kompany being out could be a good thing for his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.