Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
super_city_si said:
All over the show first 15 but steady after that.

This sums it up. Let's not over do it. He has shown signs in the last few weeks but he has got to be on it from minute one not from minute 20.

Hart was excellent today and certainly helped us get 3 points.

He is showing promise though finally.

OK he had a better 2nd half but please now watch the game again and freeze the set pieces . He is not only in a wrong position but then lets his man go on goal whilst he stands back. He doesn't just do it once he does it repeatedly. Its as though he's playing off side no matter what the situation calls for.We got away with it today. MDM is equally culpable so to be generous he's been told not to man mark or he's not up to it.
Will he get better ,bloody hope so but he's not up to Micah Richards level for me.

He was all over the place first 10/15 mins but in fairness we weren't holding the ball at all in midfield and the lad had to work very hard to contain their attackers.

I like what I'm seeing so far but he needs to start every game, hopefully he will next season.

He had his Bambi on ice moments but also put in doomed great blocks and interceptions.

I know we payed a lot for him but it looks like we are just going to have to be patient with him, there is definitely a top defender in him.

nellyonthewing said:
OK he had a better 2nd half but please now watch the game again and freeze the set pieces . He is not only in a wrong position but then lets his man go on goal whilst he stands back. He doesn't just do it once he does it repeatedly. Its as though he's playing off side no matter what the situation calls for.We got away with it today. MDM is equally culpable so to be generous he's been told not to man mark or he's not up to it.
Will he get better ,bloody hope so but he's not up to Micah Richards level for me.

makes you wonder what he does in the pre match video work the team do on set pieces he is so far off what he should be doing its like WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING

every time you watch him you think do you really understand football how to place yourself facing the right way on set pieces and corners its just the basic school boy stuff but that's even to much for him
at 1 point in the 2nd half he was outside Kolarov on the left that I fought he had a injury??????

Well you can guarantee with him in the side things will never be dull,although sometimes I don't think he even knows what he's doing,decent game after the opening 20mins..

I thought he played well after the initial unsteadiness,but that was a team thing and certainly not confined to him.He needs regular games and a regular partner and he also needs to learn the language......I think communication is a key issue for him and maybe responsible for the occasional misunderstandings and lapses.

The lad has bags of ability and a great attitude - he'll be a star for us.

FantasyIreland said:
I thought he played well after the initial unsteadiness,but that was a team thing and certainly not confined to him.He needs regular games and a regular partner and he also needs to learn the language......I think communication is a key issue for him and maybe responsible for the occasional misunderstandings and lapses.

The lad has bags of ability and a great attitude - he'll be a star for us.
Completely agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.